account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Downgrade Z3 compact (and others) from Lollipop to KitKat

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 61 of 305
Message 61 of 305

Re: Xperia Z1 4.4.4 Update Issues (14.4.A.0.155 and .157)

How can I downgrade to Kitkat4.4.4 from lollipop
Adept
Message 62 of 305
Message 62 of 305

Re: outgoing voice disabled after lollipop upgrade

Guys who have problems with update 4.4 to 5.0.2, use the SONY PROGRAM to do a fresh install. for me works, my phone now is more fluid.

Visitor
Message 63 of 305
Message 63 of 305

Downgrade Z3 from Lollipop to KitKat

Please I cannot stand all the ORANGE letters and icons in the new Lollipop Xperia Z3. I just bought my phone and I am very upset.

How do I downgrade from this horrible ORANGE software? I have a problem and I cannot read ORANGE letters.

I NEED URGENT HELP.

Thank you.

Forum Legend
Message 64 of 305
Message 64 of 305

Re: Downgrade Z3 from Lollipop to KitKat

You could change theme but to downgrade you will need to manually do this using a .ftf firmware file and a program called Flashtool

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 65 of 305
Message 65 of 305

Good afternoon.

Changing theme does not get rid of the HORRIBLE ORANGE colours and icons!! I tried.

I just want to cry, this software 5.0 destroyed my confidence and love for Sony.

It is rubbish bright colours.

I need to get rid of the ORANGE ICONS AND LETTERS.

Can you tell me how to do it manually, thank you.

Forum Legend
Message 66 of 305
Message 66 of 305

I can point you to the guide but this will mean you having to flash another country's firmware that hasn't had Lollipop released yet

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Message 67 of 305
Message 67 of 305

@thommo on xperiafirm it is putting KitKat under lollipop on the download box.Did it to me this morning and phone was already on lollipop but I wanted a different version
Message 68 of 305
Message 68 of 305

Re: Downgrade Z3 compact (and others) from Lollipop to KitKat

Thanks!
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 69 of 305
Message 69 of 305

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

All I want to do is roll my z3 back to kitkat. I am throughly sick to death of the way Lollipop has ruined my phone.
One time poster
Message 70 of 305
Message 70 of 305

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

How can I restore the system back to the old version?
Thank you