account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Downgrade Z3 compact (and others) from Lollipop to KitKat

SOLVED
Learner
Message 221 of 305
Message 221 of 305

Re: how can i get my older version before 5.0.2

"Unfortunately we don't provide any way to downgrade to a previous software version.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page."

This is not a very helpful reply, lots of people have problems when their phone operating system is upgraded or like me hate how the new system looks and works and if you don't like the new one for any reason there should be an easy way to go back to the previous one.

I have now decided I will never upgrade my operating system again, unless it is not working properly.

I would also like to know how to get rid of the notifiction that there is an "upgrade"? If I could have done this I would not have done this upgrade to stupid "lollipop" which looks horrible.

I would urge Sony and other manufacturers to make it easy to go back as to do a so called upgrade. My wife had her samsung ruined by an "upgrade".

One time poster
Message 222 of 305
Message 222 of 305

Re: Downgrade Z3 compact (and others) from Lollipop to KitKat

Yes i haveeeeeeeeeeeee
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 223 of 305
Message 223 of 305

Downgrade from lollipop to Kitkat without losing Drm keys and imei number

i updated to lollipop my ZU but battery drains very fast. my phone has no root and bootloader is locked. i want to lose warranty i bought my phone 2 months ago.
Can you tell me a legal way to downgrade??
Message 224 of 305
Message 224 of 305

Re: Downgrade from lollipop to Kitkat without losing Drm keys and imei number

@Cadde6 Please check out this topic if you want to downgrade.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 225 of 305
Message 225 of 305

4.4.4 kitkat more stable than lollipop

i am currently using 

Android version: Android 5.0 (Lollipop)

Latest available software: 14.5.A.0.270

Release started: 2015-05-20

im getting annoyed with all the bugs i have encountered and i want to downgrade to 4.4.4 kitkat cause its alot more stable than the present android version. could someone provide me a link to were i can download the previous version( 4.4.4 kitkat) so that i can flash my z1 back to kitkat. many thnx

Master
Message 226 of 305
Message 226 of 305

Re: 4.4.4 kitkat more stable than lollipop

Unfortunately there is no official way to downgrade to a previous software version. 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 227 of 305
Message 227 of 305

Downgarde

Hey...i updated my cellphone near 6 month ago and after that i got some problems with my cellphone..i wish i didint upgarde my kitkat to lillippo...So please Sony let me downgrade my phone...let us downgrade...You all my friend that got trouble with your updating support this topic...maybe Sony hear our voice
xn
One time poster
Message 228 of 305
Message 228 of 305

Worst Service By Sony

I think sony doesnt belive in customer satisfaction...Hopeless service s of Sony.

My Sony c3 got stuck by the Lollipop....how to change to Kitkat

One time poster
Message 229 of 305
Message 229 of 305

lollipop

sir, i am manu..my phone is xperia zr. i update my phone lollipop5.2 .but i don't like...so.....how to downgrade lollipop to kitkat 4.4.4

Emperor
Message 230 of 305
Message 230 of 305

Re: lollipop

@haloooo

You have 2 options

1. contact your local Xperia Care

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

or 

2. Use flasthool

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2013-Xperias/td-p...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)