account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Contact Display Pic Bug

Learner
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Contact Display Pic Bug

On my Xperia Z3, while dialing or recieving calls, I have observed that some contacts have display pics as small circle with the total screen remaining empty and the others have large display pictures covering the whole screen. I am not sure how the cotact is decided for this. I want this to be consistent with large DPs for all my contacts so that the screen doesn't remain vacant. This problem has started after I upgraded to lollipop.

18 REPLIES 18
Emperor
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Re: Contact Display Pic Bug

Are the contacts with pictures that cover the whole screen facebook contacts or google contacts? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Genius
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

That is strange anubhavmax. Have you cleared the data for Contacts? 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

These are the two screenshots. Both are google contacts and the pictures are synced from facebook using haxsync to get the HD pictures. There is no difference between the storage of contacts and the picture sync between the two. But still they show contacts in different ways. However if I replace the left one with a custom contact picture from gallery, it appears in fullscreen. Right contact appears in full screen always. I tried clearing contacts data but still the same result.

Small contact          big image

Learner
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

@SophiaW - Could you please comment on the above screenshot? I wonder if any one else is facing the same issue.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

I can confirm this issue on my xperia Z3 with newest FW. Did a factory restore but nothing changes...

Greetings,

SirRobin
Learner
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

Any solutions to this problem yet??

Highlighted
Adept
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

I updated to 5.1.1 (z3 compact) and noticed this is now happening to me.

Seems local contacts and facebook are small pictures. Google and linkedin in are large pictures.

Once you edit the google contact locally, it reverts to small picture. linkedin in contacts remain large.

I want the large pictures back for all contacts. any solution yet?

One time poster
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

I'm managing all my contacts as Google Contacts, and spent a lot of time changing the display pictures of my contacts so they would display in full screen when calling, but seems like some update messed it up, and now some are large and the rest is just that small circle Slightly frowning Face

Is there any fix for this?

Sage
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

@Convectuoso

You need to set the picture for that contact manually in your phone.