account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install system update for Xperia E1

SOLVED
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Cannot install system update for Xperia E1

I am unable to update my Xperia E1 to the latest version 20.1.A.2.13. My mobile update center shows me the System update.

I can download the update but when i click on install i get an error it says Could not install the new software version. Try again. I tried couple of times downloading the same update but it still doesn't install. I haven't rooted my phone.

Has anyone exprienced this? What can i do for this?

My current Android version is KitKat.

The error does not mention any reason
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Re: Cannot install system update for Xperia E1

huh, no one could help me out.

Finally i have solved it myself. I just formatted my entire phone and then i tried to update. To my amazement it got successfully updated to that latest version.
10 REPLIES
Master
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

I suggest that you try to clear data for Update Center via Settings > Apps > The tab "All" > Update Center > Clear data. You can also try to download the update with another internet connection.

Otherwise, do you have the possibility to try a software update via a computer? If you use PC, download PC Companion:
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/

And for Mac, you need our program Bridge for Mac:
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/bridge-for-mac/

Download and install the program > Connect your phone via USB-cable and you will get further instructions about how to proceed.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

I tried your first suggestion i cleared the data and cache of my update center, restarted but still the same problem.

I can't use Sony Companion as i don't have a seperate internet connection besides my phones 3G.

But has anyone exprienced this issue?
Commissioner
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Instead of using Sony Companion is it ok if i format my phone. Can i get all the old updates back such as Jelly bean then KitKat then this build version. Will this solve my problem.

Please do comment.
Visitor
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

if you look in the pc companion main screen look at the top right and click "PC Companion Settings" then tick the "Allow updates when using my phone / tablet as a modem"

Tell me if this works

Commissioner
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

@PlasmaPod
Obviously I even tried that I couldn't . Whenever there is data connection such as 3G ON in my phone my Sony Companion won't recognize my phone irrespective of whether that option you said is enabled or not. It is recommended to completely turn OFF 3G for the Sony Companion to recognize my device or else it wont.
Commissioner
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

huh, no one could help me out.

Finally i have solved it myself. I just formatted my entire phone and then i tried to update. To my amazement it got successfully updated to that latest version.
One time poster
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Ihave problem t install every even t down load.Facebook nd watsa
NJ1
Rookie
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

I am also having same trouble with my xperia l. I have also formatted my mobile but still the update doesnot install. It says error coukd not install
One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

I'm having the same problem with my Xperia m5