account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 81 of 1,053
Message 81 of 1,053

Re: Camera2 API?

SONY we demand RAW support and fully customizable manual settings of our cameras as a yours customers!
Message 82 of 1,053
Message 82 of 1,053

+1
One time poster
Message 83 of 1,053
Message 83 of 1,053

Yes I would like RAW!
You can imagine then that you can take pictures with the Xperia?

XPERIA, photos NO LIMITS: accessories for best shots!

Juggler of photographs with Xperia

tongue

One time poster
Message 84 of 1,053
Message 84 of 1,053

New Camera2 API, please

Talent
Message 85 of 1,053
Message 85 of 1,053

I've been using xperia devices quite awhile now, first the Xperia M with which i went trough transformation from ''old'' Xperia camera interface to a new one in 4.3. Tho i find it more appealling then the old one, in the new one theres always something missing. I tought that it is just because of limited camera sensor (5mp no Exmor RS) and so i bought new XZ3c, and i found out that in manual mode there are some more features added, like focus modes etc., but i didnt look on it as a true manual mode. Thats when i discovered that google implemented camera 2 api in new 5.0 Lollipop. I tought that Sony would gratefully exploit that option since they are marketing their phones with a premium camera expirience (not exactly true in real life, tho xz3c is **bleep** good in picture quality). And 5.0 update came i searched the camera but again, there was something missing, something that will give me full control to trully expirience the god given 20.7 megapixel senzor. Camera2 would be that full control, so i beg you, in the name of your reputation as a best camera sensor suplier, think again and give us full control with RAW, with setting shutter speed and etc. I know hardware is supporting it, its just you need to man up in software department! Thank you

Learner
Message 86 of 1,053
Message 86 of 1,053

Add raw format
One time poster
Message 87 of 1,053
Message 87 of 1,053

I think Sony has a great chance to put themselves ahead of other manufacturers if they would support the new Camera API.
Please implement it, would make your smart phones even more awesome.
One time poster
Message 88 of 1,053
Message 88 of 1,053

I signed up in this forum only to say i'd really like even basic camera2 support! It's a effort that would really repay you with customer loyalty

One time poster
Message 89 of 1,053
Message 89 of 1,053

We Want the new Camera API!!

Enthusiast
Message 90 of 1,053
Message 90 of 1,053

Sony we want RAW and the new API!! fully customizable interface camera.