account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 731 of 1,249
Message 731 of 1,249

Re: Camera2 API?

When will you add full Camera2 API? Another year?

Good hardware with lousy software that cannot utilise the hardware equates to nothing.

Apprentice
Message 732 of 1,249
Message 732 of 1,249

Google has added camera 2 app in lollipop, marshmallow is out there but no signs of any update, what the heck is sony team is doing. Paid Rs. 50000 still nobody cares for customers...great going thank you so much sony....
One time poster
Message 733 of 1,249
Message 733 of 1,249

Also hoping for RAW support for the Z5. The current state of the camera is pretty bad...the sensor should be capable enough to produce good images, but the "optimizations" happening during post processing right now produce really bad images compared to other phones out there.

Talent
Message 734 of 1,249
Message 734 of 1,249

Quick review after installing MM:

Camera2 API now fixed, except for RAW everything else is working how it supposed in 3rd party apps BUT shutter speed limited to 1/10 as lowest number. Kinda sad it doesnt go lower to at least 1/1...
Blue and purple markers on dark shadows still present in higher ISO count, 200+, pictures. One of the things that may be fixed with RAW, but eh, guess BIONZ is still our arch nemesis.
No full manual controls in Manual mode in stock camera app. Thats now way behind competition (Samsung added full manual controls to S6 from S6E+ and Note5 camera apps for example).
If theres enough light, pics are now better in my opinion, but low-light is still behind competition.
HDR actually does its job now, before the update HDR on and off would get you the same picture, no difference in colour or EV, but now its fixed and much better.
One time poster
Message 735 of 1,249
Message 735 of 1,249

I really want raw capture too. Will be a huge plus for a lot of people, and moreover maybe introduce raw capture & editing to people that does not know about it. In addition, not a lot brands support it. It can make the difference !

Apprentice
Message 736 of 1,249
Message 736 of 1,249

Using android mm from yesterday, everything is fine expect all of us desperately need camera improvements. Use of third-party applications to its full potential is must nowadays. Samsung, LG etc. have already implemented raw support and got praised from their customers. What about sony!! They provide each and every sensor for other smartphones companies. Sony team please respond to my queries???
Rookie
Message 737 of 1,249
Message 737 of 1,249

@bubimir13 wrote:
Quick review after installing MM:

Camera2 API now fixed, except for RAW everything else is working how it supposed in 3rd party apps BUT shutter speed limited to 1/10 as lowest number. Kinda sad it doesnt go lower to at least 1/1...

That sounds good. At least we got some sort of manual control for a start. Hopefully they will end up implementing RAW into the final version. Can't wait to try Marshmellow out when my Z3 compact gets the update.

Apprentice
Message 738 of 1,249
Message 738 of 1,249

Camera features: are they coming or not?

Lets put bashing Sony for the image quality, lens, speed etc. aside for now. What I really want to know is whether these features are coming to Z5 and if yes then when:

1. Camera API 2.0 (including exposure of full resotution to 3rd party apps)

2. RAW images at least in 3rd party apps

3. Burst mode similar to what Z1 had. If it is disabled in Z5 due to overheating problems, some limitations could be put on it… Timeshift Burst is NOT a solution

4. More manual controls in stock Camera app
Apprentice
Message 739 of 1,249
Message 739 of 1,249

What kind of shutter speeds are supported in 3rd party apps? E.G. 1/10 to ? and which steps in between? How is the picture quality compared to the stock app? Which 3rd party apps support camera2api and shutter speed selection?
Talent
Message 740 of 1,249
Message 740 of 1,249

@drsoran2 wrote:
What kind of shutter speeds are supported in 3rd party apps? E.G. 1/10 to ? and which steps in between? How is the picture quality compared to the stock app? Which 3rd party apps support camera2api and shutter speed selection?

1/10 lowest, 1/6000 i think highest, maybe untill 1/10000, not sure, or otherway around lowest-highest. Pretty much many steps inbetween, thats not an issue at all, its satifactory, but 1/10 as lowest isn't, i would ike to see at least 1/1 or even 4s as lowest like on SGS6E+. Picture quality is worse than in stock, much more noise. Manual camera, and some other, maybe even Camera FV-5 but not sure.