account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 711 of 1,249
Message 711 of 1,249

Re: Camera RAW support

I support the introduction of raw format for xperia models

One time poster
Message 712 of 1,249
Message 712 of 1,249

Re: Camera2 API?

+1 for raw
One time poster
Message 713 of 1,249
Message 713 of 1,249

Please we want RAW! : )

G92
One time poster
Message 714 of 1,249
Message 714 of 1,249

There is a demand for Camera 2 api with Full Mode. Automatic features can't be as good as manual. Any Xperia device with 13 or more MP will act better with manual controls. BTW, with Legacy mode only, Sony devices are no longer the best in terms of cameras. My next phone won't be a Sony if nothing changes.

One time poster
Message 715 of 1,249
Message 715 of 1,249

Hey whatsupp sony?

ive owned 1 xperia z2 and 3 xperia z1 the telephone is a great phone, the camara is good, but im dissapointed it does not support raw, so even though its good it doesnt really support its full potential so its mostly numbers instead of experience, also i was wondering considering sony long time work tih Carl Zeiss why not use one of their lenses? 

Learner
Message 716 of 1,249
Message 716 of 1,249

Camera2 API Full mode on M2 & M2 Aqua

Hi Sony,

is there any chance to receive this little update?

I know not much about android programming, but basicly the api is given by default due to Lollipop 5.1

Nearly all the fellow competitors offer Camera2 full mode at midrange either as why not? No good reason against.

Would it be possible to update it? Then it is up to us to create splendid photos in raw or use manual focus & custom shutter speed Slightly smiling Face

https://500px.com/szabipapp

I already had tons with this little one, I would not like to leave Sony due to lack of a function it could offer easily

Thanks for considering.

Learner
Message 717 of 1,249
Message 717 of 1,249

Re: Camera2 API Full mode on M2 & M2 Aqua

+1 for the support of RAW 

One time poster
Message 718 of 1,249
Message 718 of 1,249

You guys put a beast of a sensor in this thing, please consider developing RAW support to let us get the most out of it.

Rookie
Message 719 of 1,249
Message 719 of 1,249

You better put Full Mode in Mashmallow !!

If you really want to be leader in Camera Smartphone here's what to do

1. Full munual mode including SS ISO and Raw (not just for 8mp only !!)
2. OIS and better voice recoding (your Intelligent Active IS is already amazing but it is limited to 1080p 30fps, with OIS+EIS it would be amazingly awesome and video won't have to crop out much. Also, many benefits for slow SS in photographer)

3. Redesign you Camera App. Seriously, camera 2.0 dosn't do any better and even cut out features (็HDR video, conyinuous capture) You should consider put 4K mode together, not separately. And video mode is really hard to reach if you are in Manual mode. Switch icon like old interface is better.

4. Stop limiting any feature to 8Mp only !! ISO can't even adjust in Full Res. WTH Sony. Not to mention Scenes mode.

I hope you really listen to customer. If not, I really need to consider another Manufacturers and not coming back again.
Ps. it's rediculous how Xperia without  BIONZ like M5 has better output Than those who have. and not limited featuers.

One time poster
Message 720 of 1,249
Message 720 of 1,249

+1 for RAW on Z5. Please!