account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 21 of 1,053
Message 21 of 1,053

Re: Camera2 API?

I would like to have RAW support in my xperia Z1. The 20.7 mpx sensor is very capable and can deliver stuning pictures if the photogrpher have access to RAW files. 

One time poster
Message 22 of 1,053
Message 22 of 1,053

Long exposure needed!
Learner
Message 23 of 1,053
Message 23 of 1,053

I absolutely agree with you TobbeSwe!

An other important thing, if i switch between camera SCN programs in Manual Mode, the software doesn't remember the last settings. This is very annoying.

And finally, please, make an option, what camera mode start from lock screen, e.g. Manual Mode, Superior Auto, etc.

One time poster
Message 24 of 1,053
Message 24 of 1,053

support for this was literally why i bought a sony in the first place so I was horrifically dissapointed when lollipop didn't ship with the drivers needed to provide support. if its a bus bandwidth issue i can understand it, but purely lack of software support would be really sad.

The improved responsiveness on camera2 api alone based on experience before and after on the N5 is worth it to your users. nevermind the advanced users that would love to be able to fine tune their camera experience over and above what your existing manual mode provides.

One time poster
Message 25 of 1,053
Message 25 of 1,053

I who am an admirer of photography, I would be delighted to be able to have the ability to take pictures in format ram. happy owner of z3: -D
One time poster
Message 26 of 1,053
Message 26 of 1,053

One time poster
Message 27 of 1,053
Message 27 of 1,053

I don't see why you can't see that there's demand! There is obviously the demand! And everyone would be happy to see RAW capture support when Android 5.1 comes to our Xperia devices. Looking forward to it!

One time poster
Message 28 of 1,053
Message 28 of 1,053

I'd like RAW support too, but more important is a new kind of manual mode, in which we can set the exposure time and more degrees of colour temperature.

Apprentice
Message 29 of 1,053
Message 29 of 1,053

Sony, you said that you are listening if we want RAW support. YES: we do! And fully manual controls!

Why not? Your phones are brilliant! When I try to use at least ISO selection and light compensation, the results are great! Unlike the Awesome mode in the stock camera, which poduces just blur in non-perfect light conditions. So yes: we want it!

Adviser
Message 30 of 1,053
Message 30 of 1,053

Full manual control like slow shutter speed up to 30s at full resolution or at least 8mp, iso control which is already present in manual mode, but in intervals of 50 instead of 100. dual flash or much better zenon flash for superior low light photos, improved camera software, and then raw capture for boasting rights wink sony will regain top camera spot agai, i guarantee... Heads up sony you can do this smile happy