account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 1,053
Message 11 of 1,053

Re: Camera2 API?

Sony! Add more to the manual shooting mode selection Exposure time! Choosing to save the file format (RAW / JPG).

In auto mode needed: adjust exposure to the touch.

One time poster
Message 12 of 1,053
Message 12 of 1,053

RAW capture would be a VERY welcome feature and would perfect an allready good camera!
Apprentice
Message 13 of 1,053
Message 13 of 1,053

Please bring in RAW support ;(

Inhabitant
Message 14 of 1,053
Message 14 of 1,053

From my own point of view as a noobie but not stupid slr user, i expect these feature inside my phone:
1. Ability to choose alternative JPEG compression technique
2. Ability to change shutter speed on my own

That's all that i want so manual mode can be really called as "MANUAL" Mode.

No RAW is no big deal, small but good JPEG is adequate for 95% Of users including me.
One time poster
Message 15 of 1,053
Message 15 of 1,053

If done right it coukd become a useful feature. I would like to zee a full implemantation.
Enthusiast
Message 16 of 1,053
Message 16 of 1,053

I agree, Sony´s phones in the top of the line range needs more manual controls. Just look at LG G4, it has everything and they aren´t even a camera manufacutre like Sony. 

I would like to have manual shutter speed, JPEG compression settings (standard - super fine), RAW and so on. 

Like many of us costumers have pointed out the Z series needs a better camera software for both image and layout, the hardware is good enough but the softwre is lagging. 

I only Sony could really listen to us consumers we wouldn´t have this problem in the first place. 

I would like to see Sony develop a Color spectrum sensor for it´s top of the range phones like LG did with the new G4. 

Commissioner
Message 17 of 1,053
Message 17 of 1,053

Give us access to Full mode with an upcoming update!

I think demand is very great, look over to XDA for example...

Thank you

Greetings,

SirRobin
Apprentice
Message 18 of 1,053
Message 18 of 1,053

Sony please add RAW-full mode support for the whole Z Xperia Series.

Message 19 of 1,053
Message 19 of 1,053

Would love to see RAW format supported, some other camera features would be great too, like manual focus, speed and full appstore type controls... I know some of these would need to be simulated equivalents due to hardware, but would still be nice to have more control in manual mode.
One time poster
Message 20 of 1,053
Message 20 of 1,053

Please, bring Camera2 API support and RAW support

Xperia Z3 Compact