account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1231 of 1,249
Message 1231 of 1,249

Re: Camera2 API?

As I see, there is no use of writing here. Nobody even reads what we ask for. I have a feeling that Sony ignores it's customers. I don't know why is it so hard for them to enable camera 2 API for us. Slightly frowning Face  Personally I already stopped believing in any changes. This one will be my last Sony phone. Unfortunately. I'm  soooooooo disapointed  :'(

Learner
Message 1232 of 1,249
Message 1232 of 1,249

Hello SONY!

Please I would like you to implement the camera application with the following details that I consider important for those who appreciate the photograph:

1. Better manual mode with shutter speed greater than 1 second, i think they put a 16 or 20 seconds limit to make photos with tripod to stars and very dark areas etc.

2. Add the timelapse mode in the improve app. Timelapse is very nice for create nice videos 

3. IMPROVE hdr mode and noise reduction for better hdr results, the actual hdr is very poor please.

4. IMPROVE Portrait mode/bokeh with better results please

5. Add Night mode for god night shots (like pixel, huawei, etc).

6. If possible, add support to save images in raw

This request is because I believe that making these changes is important for a better overall experience, I think the most important thing is the best manual mode and the hdr. thanks sony!

Talent
Message 1233 of 1,249
Message 1233 of 1,249

Xperia 1,10,10+ supports Camera 2 API... finally..Rolling on the Floor laughing

Learner
Message 1234 of 1,249
Message 1234 of 1,249

I hope that all Sony phones released in recent years will have a full Camera2 API,I'm using xa2. I like it very much.Frowning Face

Regular
Message 1235 of 1,249
Message 1235 of 1,249

"Xperia 1,10,10+ supports Camera 2 API" - Can you provide a link?

Talent
Message 1236 of 1,249
Message 1236 of 1,249

https://sumahoinfo.com/post-31386

Sony finally enables Camera2 API.... ..Rolling on the Floor laughing

Learner
Message 1237 of 1,249
Message 1237 of 1,249

I hope so. Camera soft is sooooo bad Slightly frowning Face I wait to see the full strength of Sony lens... I hope Sony will pay attention to us....

Learner
Message 1238 of 1,249
Message 1238 of 1,249

Yep, Sony enables camera 2api for xperia1. It's not fair. Users, who have Xperia xz2 premium won't get normal software. Why? Is it so hard to do? Sonyyyy. Hellooooo??? Too disapointed. Slightly frowning Face

Learner
Message 1239 of 1,249
Message 1239 of 1,249

Sony Xperia xz1

Porque a sony nao habilita para o xperia xz1 captura em raw e camera2api, se um smartphone para fitigrfoto devia ter....cacu gostaria que a sony habilite essas configurações na câmera.

Because sony does not enable for xperia xz1 capture in raw and camera2api, if a smartphone for fitigrfoto should have .... cacu would like sony to enable these settings in the camera.

gt

Learner
Message 1240 of 1,249
Message 1240 of 1,249

Many brands of mobile phone camera functions are very good, only Sony mobile phone camera function is the worst, but Xperia 1 is different. I think Sony needs to provide a better experience for users. It determines the fate of the Sony mobile phone.I want my xa2 to get better photo quality at night, too much noise, the phone is very good, so I like it, but obviously, I use aosp rom photo quality is much better than the original system, but I am even more Like Sony's system, because of the more features, smooth, listening to music and playing games is also great, but very disappointed.I want to use xa2 for a long time. Every Sony phone is like art. I know that imx300 is not suitable for taking pictures, but it is good if you use Google Camera. So, please give us better optimization.