account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1041 of 1,221
Message 1041 of 1,221

Re: [Feature Request] Raw photos.

over 1000 posts, over 250 000 views, this is the most watched and commented topic in your forum. I want answer for me and for all peoples which are here Sony, WHEN WILL YOU GIVE US RAW FORMAT? How you can ignore all this peoples, I want to know, Why Samsung, Apple, HTC, LG, Nokia, Microsoft, Motorola , Huawei, Lenovo, Google, Oneplus, Oppo,Xiaomi, Asus, Meizu, LeEco and all others brand can capture in RAW, when you make their sensors, but you can't with your phones? What make you special Sony?

One time poster
Message 1042 of 1,221
Message 1042 of 1,221

Any updates?

One time poster
Message 1043 of 1,221
Message 1043 of 1,221

Sony, shame yourself! 

Almost 2 years ago, I got myself Z3, was delighted with the phone, but I missed RAW. The information at that time was: It will be available from the Z5 series.

Afterwards, I switched to S7 edge in may 2016, and have been using it to date.

Next week, I'll be getting XZs, but hey, I've just figured out that RAW is still not availabel!!!!

I am seriously thinking of returning the phone before even unpacking it, and take anything else.

This is unbelievable!! Chinese companies, which didn't exist couple of years ago, are behaving much, much smarter than you do.

And then I ask myself, why Sony threads on XDA developers forum are empty.... 
I love design of your phones, for me it's almost perfect, but definitely better than the others. Software is nearly stock. Battery autonomy has always been strong point. Everything except for the CAMERA!

I really can't believe it! 

One time poster
Message 1044 of 1,221
Message 1044 of 1,221

Re: Camera2 API?

Why is this marked as solved when clearly hasn't?

Sony its time step up the game already you are falling way too far behind.

Sony is camera sensors leader but when it comes to software department you guys are just holding back so much.

Why? Worrying about how mobile cameras are gonna cannibalize your Alpha line?

Lets face it if you are not gonna do it then others will and they are not gonna wait for you to play catch up!

A Z3 Compact, Z5, XZs user (SG)

Inhabitant
Message 1045 of 1,221
Message 1045 of 1,221

XZ1 - the one flagship in the world (except XZ premium, XZ, X performance, Z5,Z4 and Z3) without RAW format and custom shutter speed over 10 sec since 3 years. To be continued in next year...

Visitor
Message 1046 of 1,221
Message 1046 of 1,221

So, my second Z1 still does not support shooting pictures in raw (but most of the other mobile phones support that format, like LG, Samsung and now even Apples iPhone...) Slightly frowning Face What about ZX1?

/Stefan

Visitor
Message 1047 of 1,221
Message 1047 of 1,221

Sorry, I ment Z5. When the Android 5 update with raw support arkivet I did had the Z1-phone. I also wrote and asked why that phone with the new update could take raw shots back then, but nothing happend at that time. Now, as I ment before, I'm on my second Z5 - and still no raw support!

One time poster
Message 1048 of 1,221
Message 1048 of 1,221

it is clear by this post that full camera2 api has been wanted for years but the thing is people on this forum. Sony realize that probably all the people here already own a Sony phone and alot will continue buying them. So they don't give a crap what the people want because they have already gave them money. Maybe it just isn't worth it to them cash wise to dev. They see it much better spent pumping multiple phones a year

One time poster
Message 1049 of 1,221
Message 1049 of 1,221

RAW files from camera

I've seen it said that Sony will consider adding the ability to use RAW files if there's a demand for it. Well this is a demand for it.

I bought the xz premium because a) I really needed a new phone and b) for the photographic capabilities. I am an amateur photographer and use Sony gear. Have to say that I am very disappointed that there is no way to get RAW files out of the xz premium.

So, please Sony, if this is something you can do via software please do it.

Thanks.

One time poster
Message 1050 of 1,221
Message 1050 of 1,221

Please include RAW support in future release.

Thanks