account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 991 of 1,251
Message 991 of 1,251

Re: RAW Image File

I'm thinking up getting the XZ Premium to replace my Z3, but for that to happen I want Sony to finally allow us to shoot in raw. How can they not allow this when Samsung, Google, LG and many more allow it?

I also would like to see Sony improve the camera app significantly. For example I'd like to see full manual controls... ISO, shutter speed, aperture and more.

For a company that claims to take photography seriously, to the point that their phones have a shutter button, but lack full manual controls and don't allow shooting in raw is beyond me.

Adviser
Message 992 of 1,251
Message 992 of 1,251

New Features in Camera?!

Hi sony team

I want to know is there any new features coming to Xperia Camera? like these very necessary:

1. Shoot in RAW
  2. Longer Shutter speed up to 30s or 60s?
  3. Selecting Higher ISO values in Manual such as 6400 ad 12800
  4. Focus Lock option
  5. Selecting Expsure in the scene
  6. Saturation Control next to "Color & Brightness"
  7. Telling us how warm the photo is in manual mode, from 2500K to 10000K
  8. Much Higher Quality in "Background Defocus" and "Multi Camera"
  9. Official Time-Lapse with 4K Support
  10. Burst Photo taking in full Resolution
  11. Better HDR (right now it doesn't change much!)
  12. Panorama needs revamp! much better if you add 360 photos
  13. Merging timeshift video with video section and taking videos in 720p 120fps

Let me know if this can happen

One time poster
Message 993 of 1,251
Message 993 of 1,251

Re: Camera2 API?

When Raw format in our pictures to Z5 ? 

Apprentice
Message 994 of 1,251
Message 994 of 1,251

Re: Camera2 API?

You are ALL being ridiculous. SONY  NEVER listens to its customers. Nerd Face

NEVER

Visitor
Message 995 of 1,251
Message 995 of 1,251

xperia z5 premium camera

Please make a shutter speed , exposure and ISO setting for manual shot .....

Learner
Message 996 of 1,251
Message 996 of 1,251

Re: RAW Output

I don't understand how "popularity" is being gauged here, two years later and still nothing!

Apprentice
Message 997 of 1,251
Message 997 of 1,251

Re: RAW Output

As i've said here before,you are WASTING your typing. SONY NEVER ACTS ON CUSTOMER FEEDBACK.

They have demonstrated this with the many Sony products i have purchased. NO support. They just don't CARE

All this so-called forum is, is a little stage with puppets damcing to the tune of  

https://www.lithium.com/powered-by-lithium

Adviser
Message 998 of 1,251
Message 998 of 1,251

Show Support for RAW Camera support

Our Z5 Seriee doesn't support Raw Image capture and Sony has Promised that it will be made if there is a popular demand. 

Why Raw Support?

Read this article: https://photographyconcentrate.com/10-reasons-why-you-should-be-shooting-raw/

We need to make a popular demand to Sony to unlock Raw camera support. So make a Reply here and show your support.

Thread where Sony said it will add Camera2 Api and Raw Support on Demand:  https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Camera2-API/m-p/974754#M21577

Apprentice
Message 999 of 1,251
Message 999 of 1,251

Re: Show Support for RAW Camera support

I don't understand WHY this section has been labelled SOLVED.  WHERE is the so-called SOLUTION????

I have now had my z5 C for a few weeks and had a chance to play with the camera a bit more.

It's PATHETIC compared to my NOKIA PUREVIEW 808  41mp camera. The only reason I swapped to the z5 was due to the fact that many nokia apps started to fail as Nokia no longer supports them. I have compared many of the same scenes taken with both cameras and the nokia wipes the floor with the SONY!

z5 is grainy,especially in night shots and it's slow to respond when I want to preview my shots  VERY VERY slow. On the nokia I can switch between preview and camera intsantly and the shot is in focus and resolved.  It takes the z5 around 20 seconds to resolve the photo and that also applies when viewing it in the gallery. PATHETIC!!!  I expected more from the camera from reviews i have read but obviously I wasn't thorough enough.

If Sony can't match SUPERIOR technology that's been around since 2011 then I am now thinking less and less of them every day. I also have a Sony TV which is full of bugs and I never get a smidgen of sense out of them. Let's not even go there with the PS3.

I'm pretty sure whoever at Sony is (?) looking at these "support" forums, is just sitting back laughing, thinking SUCKERS!!!

One time poster
Message 1000 of 1,251
Message 1000 of 1,251

RAW/DNG support

Dear Sony,

Can we expect RAW support in future software updates for the Z5 family (and possiblly  whole Z line)? Is there an official decision regarding this subject?