account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
Adept
Message 1101 of 1,250
Message 1101 of 1,250

Re: Camera2API Request

Please do this Sony. 🙏 Don't care about any other features. Just give us the basics. 

Inhabitant
Message 1102 of 1,250
Message 1102 of 1,250

Cant we just organize and push for RAW support to Sony?

Well, that. LOVE the phone, HATE the camera (well, not HATE but almost).

Enthusiast
Message 1103 of 1,250
Message 1103 of 1,250

Re: Cant we just organize and push for RAW support to Sony?

While I absolutely don't hate the camera (it produced some amazing shots for me), I will never say no to more features and having the option to choose whatever Camera app I prefer!

Learner
Message 1104 of 1,250
Message 1104 of 1,250

Re: Cant we just organize and push for RAW support to Sony?

This is what I am talking about. With enough public pressure and tech press exposure we should be able to drive some action. As consumers, we actually have more power than one might expect. Hence why I asked, and yes it was serious... how much would we have to crowd fund to actually get some of the technicians time so that we can get the raw mode developed and implemented!  If they do not respond to this request, then obviously it is a strategic move on their part to either (as some rumors suggest) maintain their market share of entry level dedicated digital cameras in the Japanese market, OR drive users towards their own controlled ecosystem of apps rather than open source efforts (which must make use of the full API)? Either way its discraceful practice, and I would never advocate  those kinds of decisions; it's simply ruinous for ones brand image!!!

Just realised my original post was merged with a large thread about this issue, so now we have over 1000 comments and requests asking for full camera2api implemention and support for RAW capture. Come on Sony, sort it out. 

One time poster
Message 1105 of 1,250
Message 1105 of 1,250

Re: Is there any way to use Google HDR+ ported camera app on XZ1?

Are you guys talking about another app than Google camera app? I have a Xperia Z2 with Android 6.0.1 and I was able to install the Google camera app and it work fine for me without problems. I've not used it enough to see major differences between the photos between the native Sony camera app and Google app thought.

One time poster
Message 1106 of 1,250
Message 1106 of 1,250

Re: Xperia Z5 / Z5 Premium new updates

This was the one reason why I didn't purchase the Sony XZ premium. A great phone missing a great feature. 

One time poster
Message 1107 of 1,250
Message 1107 of 1,250

Re: Camera2 API?

Yes, please add support for RAW capture to the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact!

Adviser
Message 1108 of 1,250
Message 1108 of 1,250

Re: Is there any way to use Google HDR+ ported camera app on XZ1?

You can share your thoughts in the Camera-App forum Slightly smiling Face

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Camera/bd-p/camera

I already wrote something about the missing features:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Camera/Improvements-for-Camera-App/m-p/1276505#M3342

One time poster
Message 1109 of 1,250
Message 1109 of 1,250

Re: Camera2 API?

Hope to get full Camera2 API support on Xperia XZ in the future. 

One time poster
Message 1110 of 1,250
Message 1110 of 1,250

+1 for RAW and video manual controls

Or, at leas, let filmic pro or other app developer do the improvements:

-raw for photos

-manual control for video

-ae and af Lock in video

-more options selecting frame rates and video size.

It's a sony, oh lord!