account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
Learner
Message 291 of 1,248
Message 291 of 1,248

Re: Camera2 API?

Sony,

Please add RAW support for Z3c camera software on Lolipop (and for the rest of Z series, for the matter) .

Also, light and noise processing algorithms from Sony should be reviewed.

Sensor hardware is fine, but the software clearly needs improvements.

Camera performance is an important feature of any high-end phone .

One time poster
Message 292 of 1,248
Message 292 of 1,248

I still remember when sony was advertising for xperia z1 and z1 compact, and article came out of a travelling professional photographer using the phone to take very high quality shots and he was recommending it all over. Now, dear sony please live up to the standard. I've used nokia, blackberry, samsung and none beat Sony Ericsson, that had became Sony. So yeah. please make it happened. pleaseeee

Commissioner
Message 293 of 1,248
Message 293 of 1,248

Actually the biggest problem with sony's processing is white balance, often pics turn out looking shallow because the phone gets the white balance almost always wrong.

---
Was this helpful? Give me a kudos Slightly smiling Face
Learner
Message 294 of 1,248
Message 294 of 1,248

RAW RAW RAW we need it 😀😀😀

One time poster
Message 295 of 1,248
Message 295 of 1,248

Hi, I added code that uses camera2 api(120 FPS), but XPERIA Z2 answers that do not support Camera2 API.

Why Sony XPERIA Z2 doesn`t support Camera2 API?

Android 5.0.2(firmware 23.1.A.0.726)

One time poster
Message 296 of 1,248
Message 296 of 1,248

I want raw!!!!! Please give to us Sony.  It would make me love my Z3 compact even more.  You already lead with 4K video and bonus 1080p 60fps shooting and a brilliant 20 megapixel camera (allot other phones dont come close).  Give us raw and the phone would be complete.  I truly believe the old saying "The best camera is the one you have on you".  There would be a huge emergence of even greater pics coming from the z community.  Its a selling point which would equal more profits? Its a no brainer.  

One time poster
Message 297 of 1,248
Message 297 of 1,248

I'd really, really love RAW support on my Z2, and manual exposure time setting. That's the only two things I miss in it, it is such a perfect phone.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 298 of 1,248
Message 298 of 1,248

do we need to vote pool for this? Thinking Face

and yep.. definitely camera2 api in our phone....

One time poster
Message 299 of 1,248
Message 299 of 1,248

Please sony give us Camera2 API and full manual control and RAW. !!! LG g4 have manual, meizu mx4 using sony camera have, s6 have ! 

One time poster
Message 300 of 1,248
Message 300 of 1,248

Please give us full power!