account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 281 of 1,249
Message 281 of 1,249

Re: Camera2 API?

Yes YES YES!

Please sony give us RAW support, the camera on the z2 is amazing, if I could shoot in RAW that would be the icing on the cake. As you can tell lots of people are asking for this feature, and for myself I need to carry camera's around with me on a daily basis - but sometimes all I have is my phone. With RAW support, come the time for photo editing I won't be dissapointed with the limited post-production from files being saved in JPEG.

Sony if you do this, it will be great for your image, as you have asked, we have answered, now its time for you to do your part. The fact that a large scale manufacturer is asking for feedback is an amazing thing, acting on the feedback will only serve to improve your company image.

With RAW and the ability for 3rd party apps to use custom ISO setting, that would make your devices unparalleled.

Please take action, I'll be looking forward to it.

One time poster
Message 282 of 1,249
Message 282 of 1,249

Camera is one of the key reasons to get a Xperia, I've got two friends who got the z2 after I bought it just for the camera.

Raw means lossless, no jpeg artifacts and is one step to make the camera even better.

If possible I want it.
Knowing that Sony added it to current lineup makes raw one feature that makes me want to buy more Xperia devices since it shows commitment to perfection which is what Sony is all about for me.
Sony Xperia Z2
http://tommyhome.WordPress.com
One time poster
Message 283 of 1,249
Message 283 of 1,249

Hi we could use some of the camera love Sony have.

Please free the camera2 api to xperia S.

One time poster
Message 284 of 1,249
Message 284 of 1,249

I've just bought an xperia z3 compact. Bought for the battery the size but also for the camera. I thought Sony was always delivering high quality service in terms of audio and photography. But now we'll all agree that you are one of the last brand (supposed to have one of the best camera) that don't feature the camera 2 api.

Could you please tell us when will you integrate it to our products ? And if not at least give us explanations about it. This feature enables so much fonctionalities, xperia users would take amazing shots.

Please reconsider it 

One time poster
Message 285 of 1,249
Message 285 of 1,249

I want to say one thing. A do not consider my xperia z2 as camera until it has RAW support. I have Nikon's DSLR and One cameras and I think that it's not me, but Sony needs that I have RAW ability in xperia. Very simple, if Sony plans to continue produce smartphones. If not - Sony shouldn't bother itself.

One time poster
Message 286 of 1,249
Message 286 of 1,249

Sony should implement "Full mode (optional capability for RAW capture)". 

Come on, Z1,Z2,Z3 etc have 20.7 mp camera... but no camera2 api? Totally waste of that huge camera.. Face with rolling Eyes

One time poster
Message 287 of 1,249
Message 287 of 1,249

Yes we all want better camera functionality, i got a Z2 (my first Sony android device btw) because it has one of the best cameras around.

Sony makes sensors for a lot of phones that work better than on their own xperia phones lol Slightly smiling Face

So please add support for camera2 api and raw mode in your phones. Thanks

Visitor
Message 288 of 1,249
Message 288 of 1,249

Please add FULL Camera2 api support!  Would really go nice with my Z3C.

Please Sony, prove you are serious about photography on your phones.  Right now, other phones using Sony sensors are putting Sony phones to shame.  I'm embarassed by the output of my Z3C compared to other flagship phones.

Commissioner
Message 289 of 1,249
Message 289 of 1,249

Raw or not, I hope they work on improving the camera so that it stands up with newer devices like the SGS6 and iP6. That means improving the various algorythms for superior auto mode, low light processing, post processing and everything else. In short I don't care about Raw, I'd like to see the camera performance improved. The S6 takes amazing photos in auto mode with no raw support.

---
Was this helpful? Give me a kudos Slightly smiling Face
Highlighted
Regular
Message 290 of 1,249
Message 290 of 1,249

I'm in for full mode. Thanks for asking, Sony.