account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 261 of 1,250
Message 261 of 1,250

Re: Camera2 API?

they should definitely care about consumers, otherwise, they will be in much bigger troubles!

One time poster
Message 262 of 1,250
Message 262 of 1,250

Add me to the list of users who want to be able to capture RAW photographs.

DBS
Regular
Message 263 of 1,250
Message 263 of 1,250

"As always, we're monitoring our customer expectations and regarding supporting taking pictures in RAW format, we will consider this for the future if there is a popular demand."

This is why Sony keeps falling behind.

You shouldn't be waiting for people to demand things from you, you should be striving to be ahead of consumer expectations. Sony should have given RAW to people even before people knew they wanted RAW.

To be ahead in the mobile imaging you can't wait for everyone else to do everything first. Come on, Sony. It's pass time to step up the game already!

Rookie
Message 264 of 1,250
Message 264 of 1,250

Cmon Sony, if you are king in camera quality then turn on this simple feature and bring manual control.

One time poster
Message 265 of 1,250
Message 265 of 1,250

Sony, let RAW to z1 (c), z2, z3 (c)! PLEASE! We all need it! Better camera - the best software!
One time poster
Message 266 of 1,250
Message 266 of 1,250

Sony, please add RAW mode, it would be a great improvement for the z1.

Rookie
Message 267 of 1,250
Message 267 of 1,250

Beside RAW capture, which is the most important tome , here are thing that you should improve

to do list

-Let 20 MP be able to use the modes !! and HDR , too

-zero shutter lag (Samsung've done it since S3, now all others manufacturer had it. what are you doing SONY ?)

-Let iso for 20 MP can be choose more than 800 (in 8 mp the higest opyion is 3200, so why not ?)

-Renew that incredibly **bleep** PANORAMA mode !!!!! 

-Can Creative Effect photo save at higher res ? at least 8mp ? not this currently Full HD res. Oh' And taking photo Between video recording should be more res, too.

-Drop down the auto exposure for 1/2 stop at least. Haven't you guys never notive that the exposure always over for 1/2-1 stop. this maybe good for lowlight, but absolutely not in daylight

these are things that you should've done for a long time, not to mentions about manual speed shutter and etc.

Seriously, you should focus more on software. And I do know that Z1 can use 60fps/4k/120fps mode. but you just don't want to put it in old device. that's ashamed.

PS. PUT OIS IN THE NEXT DEVICE ALREADY !!!! ( steadyshot in video is good, but it could be better, and it would amazingly help in taking lowlight)

Visitor
Message 268 of 1,250
Message 268 of 1,250

Yes all Z line users want this feature Sony make it come true!
Highlighted
Regular
Message 269 of 1,250
Message 269 of 1,250

I think that is the most popular demand from this forum, so please introduce full manual controll in next update.

Rookie
Message 270 of 1,250
Message 270 of 1,250

I bought before the Lollipop Update a Application For RAW suppert take a photos AND I CAN'T USING THIS PROGRAM!!!

WHY???? BECAUSE KING OF THE CAMERA PRODUCTER IS NOT SUPPORTING TO RAW FORMAT!!!!!

IT'S A HUGE SHAME REALLY! IF SONY DON'T SUPPORT RAW FORMAT WILL SOON, I NEVER BUY AGAIN SONY SMARTPHONE!!!!!!! DOT!!!!!!!