account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 1,075
Message 1 of 1,075

Camera2 API?

This question has been raised. And I want to hear the answer representatives of Sony. In this video, Google will present new opportunities for devices with cameras Lollipop.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtp3tH27OFs

In this case, the API data when updating my Z1 to 5.0 did not appear. Why?

Topic edited by Rickard

Ankur Kotwal presents the Camera2 API in Android L, which is designed as a very flexible and unified pipeline for all camera related tasks. This API gives you direct control of the camera subsystem including autofocus, asynchronous burst captures and special effects.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 1,075
Message 5 of 1,075

Re: Camera2 API?

Android 5.0 supports the new camera features via android.hardware.camera2, and Google defines three modes for the new camera features:

1. Legacy mode (no support RAW capture)
  2. Limited mode (optional capability for RAW capture)
  3. Full mode (optional capability for RAW capture)

Currently, Xperia supports Legacy mode in our Lollipop update which incorporate features and functionality in addition to our already renowned camera experience. As always, we're monitoring our customer expectations and regarding supporting taking pictures in RAW format, we will consider this for the future if there is a popular demand.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

1,074 REPLIES
Emperor
Message 2 of 1,075
Message 2 of 1,075

Re: Sony Android Lollipop is not full?

Most likely has to do with copyright legal issues, but you can contact Sony directly 

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 1,075
Message 3 of 1,075

Support for Sony sends me to this forum.

Emperor
Message 4 of 1,075
Message 4 of 1,075

That's odd, try again and report back

Perhaps @Rickard could elaborate on this

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 1,075
Message 5 of 1,075

Android 5.0 supports the new camera features via android.hardware.camera2, and Google defines three modes for the new camera features:

1. Legacy mode (no support RAW capture)
  2. Limited mode (optional capability for RAW capture)
  3. Full mode (optional capability for RAW capture)

Currently, Xperia supports Legacy mode in our Lollipop update which incorporate features and functionality in addition to our already renowned camera experience. As always, we're monitoring our customer expectations and regarding supporting taking pictures in RAW format, we will consider this for the future if there is a popular demand.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 1,075
Message 6 of 1,075

@Rickard

Most experienced users are very eager "Full mode". That would be really cool. Look at most of the fan community. I want to customize the exposure time. Calibrate temperature. Get unprocessed RAW picture ... Update this smartphone Z1 / Z2 / Z3 !!! Prove - you are the best in the field of cameras!

Emperor
Message 7 of 1,075
Message 7 of 1,075

Thanks for the explanation @Rickard 

Apprentice
Message 8 of 1,075
Message 8 of 1,075

Camera RAW support

I think it is a matter of time Sony to camera drivers with raw support. As a high-end model we need such option. What do you think about it?

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 9 of 1,075
Message 9 of 1,075

Re: Camera RAW support

@DanieldeMarko

@Rickard has answered this question

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Camera2-API/m-p/974754#M21577
Commissioner
Message 10 of 1,075
Message 10 of 1,075

DanieldeMarko, latest models like Samsung S6 gave this option a miss too. Latest update to Nexus to 5.1 caused the camera to crashed constantly. It's a good to have, not necessary it makes your camera better.