account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1241 of 1,249
Message 1241 of 1,249

Re: Camera2 API?

please enable raw support for xperia xz1....

the best phone but please enable support for camera2api

Rookie
Message 1242 of 1,249
Message 1242 of 1,249

There is 2019 year! And there is no Raw support in Sony smartphones! Why topic is marked as "resolved"?!! It seems like a joke. All this. No full camera2api support, no Raw support, 1s shutter time and ugly builtin camera app. I have smartphone with great sensor but I can't use it!!! I will sell my xperia xz1 compact and buy Google pixel 3a!!!

One time poster
Message 1243 of 1,249
Message 1243 of 1,249

I think we have to make another thread because this is marked as solved while, in fact, it isn't. I own an XZ1 and Im not jocking when I say that my previous phone, the Nexus 5X, which is from 2015, takes better pictures than my newer XZ1, so disappointing... So I hope that Sony will hear our requests.

One time poster
Message 1244 of 1,249
Message 1244 of 1,249

Xperia 1 RAW Mode

will xperia one get raw photo mode?

Learner
Message 1245 of 1,249
Message 1245 of 1,249

RAW support

I'm a Chinese user and I loved Sony's products very early on.Xperia 1 gets raw support on Android 9.0, can other Xperia on Android 9.0 get it?I have an XA2,I really want it, Sony, do something to make fans happy.Okay?Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1246 of 1,249
Message 1246 of 1,249

Why are you reposting that insignificant "solution"?

People already know that.

We just want the full raw support.

The Xperia 1 has it. Shouldn't be so hard for the development team to implement it in a future update.

Anyway, this is surely going to be my last Sony device (XZ2). Nothing really good came after the Z3.

Rookie
Message 1247 of 1,249
Message 1247 of 1,249

RAW support and shutter speed

Hi.

I have Xperia XZ1 Compact and great camera sensor. But I can't fully use it. Because of:

1. No RAW support

2. No full Camera 2 API support

3. Shutter speed is 1s max (Is it joke? I have tripod and I want to make night photos with long shutter time).

4. Manually I can use only 3200 ISO BUT in auto mode max ISO is 12k!!!

All of this are firmware restrictions and you can fix it in future updates.

All my topics are also relevant for hundreds of thousands of people and other models of  SONY smartphones. They created similar topics, but every time you mark them as resolved after giving the standard recommendations for using the camera. This is not fair to your customers.

Message 1248 of 1,249
Message 1248 of 1,249

Re: RAW support and shutter speed

Yea,  the  XA1 has  at least 1 sec  shutter speed. WHILE  MY  "NEW" Z5 hasn't at least that !? and they use the same seonsor.
come here guys. make them update  older phones, it wont take much time to do it, and we all will be much happier.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Sony-IMX300/m-p/1382408#M42082

One time poster
Message 1249 of 1,249
Message 1249 of 1,249

RAW and Camera2 API Support

Hello Sony Mobile, I was wondering if you are going to add RAW support on the upcoming update or i  Android Q? I've been waiting for this option since I very long time now. I always felt sad for others having this feature since along time while me a company known in camera department doesn't have this feature as well as many others like no lower SS than 1s, no reliable portrait mode for rear camera, no 240fps video, no night mode, and no Camera2 API compatibility and also we get tortured if we unlock the bootleader with that warning message every time we restart or boot our phones. I am a user of Sony since Sony Ericsson K800i, so the system and the feels of the devices have become like part of my family. It will hurt to be forced to change to another brand for a feature you can do easily.