account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 1221 of 1,250
Message 1221 of 1,250

Re: Camera2 API?

just give update to enable raw, is that simple or give us open source the camera driver

xperia x compact 

Message 1222 of 1,250
Message 1222 of 1,250

I brought my Xperia XZ Premium by saving money for lots of months.. ..and it's disgusting that Sony dint enable LEVEL 3 CAMERA2API SUPPORT!  

I need raw pictures to post process it in photoshop and Lightroom ....

And need 32secs of shutter speed. ..

As a loyal Sony Fan I dint expect this from Sony staffs.. .

Enabling this feature would increase a lot of customers buying ur phone ....

Atleast tell us a reason why you people don't allow us to enable LEVEL 3 CAMERA2API SUPPORT ??? Is there any kind of agreement that stops you from enabling RAW camera support ?

And I'm sorry Sony. ..if you still don't respond to customers request, your market will go down soon ...This is the truth 

ENABLE RAW SUPPORT BEFORE YOU LOSE YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS TOO!

Visitor
Message 1223 of 1,250
Message 1223 of 1,250

Just bought a OnePlus now.

Message 1224 of 1,250
Message 1224 of 1,250

Voila.... Hear that Sony?

You just lost a Customer 😊

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1225 of 1,250
Message 1225 of 1,250

I like Xperia. But my xz1 first and last Sony smartphone.

No raw, no long shatter, no camera software progress.

All my life Sony was associated with photography for me, even dedicated button for camera. More of that Sony biggest supplier for most smartphone manufacturers. Sony ideologicaly must be best of all, but it worst of all. Sony WHY you so hard-nosed? Why just do not enable raw? We dont need 960 fps toy or 3D scanner toy. We just want respectable photo quality corresponding to Sony status. We are you fans and buyers, dont forget this, you may grow with our support, you may slowly leave from mobile market without our support. Some day we will tire to ask you and chose another, more friendly and respecting us brand.

One time poster
Message 1226 of 1,250
Message 1226 of 1,250

I agree. This is my last Sony. Let them play marketing with others.

One time poster
Message 1227 of 1,250
Message 1227 of 1,250

WHY IS THIS THREAD MARKED AS SOLVED?!?!?!?!

It's so upsetting when you consider how amazing the camera and computing technology has gotten in these phones, yet, we have to suffer these crappy JPEGs with rubbish processing.

Too many amazing photo opportunities have been spoiled by not being able to take full advantage of the tech in my hand.

Please, please, please fix this!!! I'm begging you!

One time poster
Message 1228 of 1,250
Message 1228 of 1,250

Please enable the camera thingy. Please sony. Yours, Customer
Learner
Message 1229 of 1,250
Message 1229 of 1,250

Still no RAW support

I just switched to (been a few weeks) XZ1, but really disappointed to see Sony does not provide RAW support even though they provide Camera2API support. And looked up more and saw Xperia Open Device Project releases offer RAW support which multiplied my disappointment. Sadly however, anti-consumer wiping of TAA keys when the bootloader gets unlocked keeps me away from unlocking my bootloader. Just c'mon guys, it's 2019, and your camera software widely considered inferior, so why not just open up it's usage to bootloader unlocked devices. I'm really really disappointed and frustrated as this isn't even my only problem with this phone. 

Learner
Message 1230 of 1,250
Message 1230 of 1,250

Re: Still no RAW support

Hi everyone. I'm not surprised that this topic is still alive. I've bought Sony Xperia xz2 premium. It was expencive, but I closed my eyes on it. And what I got? No RAW! No cam2api! Poor soft for camera. And I'm really curious whether the Sony Company cares about what their customers ask for? I also ask for adding cam2api and raw on this device. I don't believe that it'simpossible. The camera itself isn't bad, but the software IS bad. It would be much better if the company allowed us to use all of it. It's a shame, that old Huawei and other cheap devices have a RAW format, but expensive Sony does not O_o. Please, do it for us, your customers. This is my first Sony and, as I see, may be the last one Slightly frowning Face

We are looking forward to camera updates and improvements for better shots. 

Thanks for your attention.