account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1191 of 1,243
Message 1191 of 1,243

Re: concurrent ISO control and SHUTTER

It was available to be set custom, but you continue to lieing

Message 1192 of 1,243
Message 1192 of 1,243

@urkqsrk

Sorry, but i had an Xperia Z5, XZ and now XZ Premium and it´s not possible to do that! You can see that it states the same in Xperia Z3 White Paper:

Capturar.PNG

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1193 of 1,243
Message 1193 of 1,243

I think he wants to defend Sony,  Its all well known that Sony has been removing important stuff. He maybe a newbie to Sony. I have been buying every Sony flagship since 2012. And Sony Ericsson since 2005

Message 1194 of 1,243
Message 1194 of 1,243

@Unregistered user

So we see the evolution in that matters and the new things and the ones we miss... Missing my X10 mini now.

But we are here to help Grinning Face

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Message 1195 of 1,243
Message 1195 of 1,243

@Unregistered user @urkqsrk

It's kinda rude to tell people they are lying or are noobs just because they have a different opinion than you. Such replies are not welcomed and are against the community's discussion guidelines. Keep the friendly atmosphere, please.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1196 of 1,243
Message 1196 of 1,243

I do respect opinions but, if something is removed for good or bad, just accept it and move on. Trying to prove something which is wrong doesn’t look like a opinion

We all know a lot of features have been removed and we still don’t have raw..... even though raw is part of camera api2. So just accept it

Message 1197 of 1,243
Message 1197 of 1,243

@Unregistered user

Now i´m quite confusse about the subject of conversation!

The information that i gave was based on the offiicial Sony Xperia Z3 White Paper, and wanted to clarify to the user that the features is present on the device. I remember seeing the Xperia Z3 annoucment at IFA!

The burst mode is a camera app that it was stopped being preloded on Xperia Devices since now it´s available in a new way and improved (compared to the use of 8MP and a non focus photo). However, Android is known for the customization that´s is possible and for the apps and safe apks available Slightly smiling Face

It´s well know, of course, of removed features, such as double tap to wake, sleep, and so on! This is a community, and give feedback is always important. Done in this friendly atmosphere.

Learner
Message 1198 of 1,243
Message 1198 of 1,243

Soooooooo? Can we get some actual feedback from Sony on this please? When is RAW support coming???

I love my XA2 ultra, but I'm gutted it doesn't offer something many lesser, cheaper phones do.

Very disappointing. Please respond. 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1199 of 1,243
Message 1199 of 1,243

4 Years Later; Still No RAW Support 😭

We've been asking for this for too long & I'm losing my patience. How have Sony not given their most loyal fans what they want yet?

It's so upsetting when you consider how amazing the camera and computing technology has gotten in these phones, yet, we have to suffer these crappy JPEGs with rubbish processing.

Are they worried giving us RAW support would eat into their camera market? Because if so; Sony, I have an a7riii, with 2 Gmaster lenses and there's obviously no comparison. But I don't feel like I should have to carry around £7500 worth of full-frame gear just to shoot in a certain file format!

The weird thing is; if you let us have RAW, the quality of the photos we'd be able to produce would be INSANE! People's minds would be blown! Wouldn't that be AMAZING marketing for these phones? People seeing next level images on Flickr, Instagram and Facebook tagged as #Xperia??

I just don't understand. Please, help me understand Sony.

Too many amazing photo opportunities have been spoiled by not being able to take full advantage of the tech in my hand.

Please, please, please fix this!!! I'm begging you!

Apprentice
Message 1200 of 1,243
Message 1200 of 1,243

Re: 4 Years Later; Still No RAW Support 😭

Alas all of our pleas fall on deaf ears. Sony won't even give us consumers the time of day. I've long since switched phone brands from my old, very much loved Z3. I was contemplating back then to get the XZ Premium. Instead, got a Huawei P10 Plus. I wasn't disappointed. Now I'm currently rocking a Mate 10 Pro. Both of these phones support RAW capture. Unlike any of Sony's phones. All of which would have better cameras, if not for their over processing of photos, which could be fixed with RAW support.