account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1171 of 1,250
Message 1171 of 1,250

Gcam on xperia

I am really dissapointed about sony.  Google Camera is not working with any xperia phones and sony do nothing about this. You are losing the camera competition sony. wish i had a galaxy s7 which have camera2 api. Portrait and hdr+ modes are really strong factors in this race. 

Message 1172 of 1,250
Message 1172 of 1,250

Re: Gcam on xperia

Hi @Yatukre

In my believe, Google Camera is only official compatible with Google Phones. However, Google Lense will be integrated in Xperia Camera App, according to Googlre I/O 2018 press event!

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1173 of 1,250
Message 1173 of 1,250

Gcam officially supports only Google phones but there are a lot of Other official apps that make use of the api2, but undoubtedly Gcam is the best so everyone likes it.

The thing is Sony has disabled camera api2 which comes with android oreo.

Sadly Sony cameras perform really bad compared to their rivals. We are having a cheap camera with limited features 

Message 1174 of 1,250
Message 1174 of 1,250

Hi again @Unregistered user

What kind of features would you like to have on Xperia camera so i can pass as feedback? Slightly smiling Face

About the camera performance, i´ve been read and saw a lot of reviews and it´s allways subjetcive since in some cases you have great performance, and in other scenarios, not. The same happens on every smartphone company!

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Adviser
Message 1175 of 1,250
Message 1175 of 1,250

Well camera2 api would be a great feature to add so we can shot RAW photo and then process our photos ourselves later since in like 95% of the cases that I experienced the pictures are really over processed.

Photos look ok on phone screen but not when you open them on a bigger screen (PC, TV) .Photos lack detail and have lots of noise which is added by overprocessing the photo. And pretty much everytime I zoom max in the taken photo it looks like a **bleep** oil painting.

I have a DSLR and I know we cant get the same quality photos on our phones but I am pretty sure we can get better quality photos than we are getting now.

Before I bought my XZ1 I owned Nexus 6P and the photos taken on the 6P look much better.

Message 1176 of 1,250
Message 1176 of 1,250

@ChrisS996

Let´s see what Xperia XZ2 Premium new camera and process can do Slightly smiling Face

I´ll pass that info about the RAW support. We can always hope they add that. In Z line we always demand for full manual controls. With XZ they fianlly gave us and are improving over the last itenerations!  Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1177 of 1,250
Message 1177 of 1,250

Thanks. hope sony will listen to us this time

Apprentice
Message 1178 of 1,250
Message 1178 of 1,250

concurrent ISO control and SHUTTER

In xperia xz, you can not use ISO and SHUTTER at the same time. Will it be possible in a future upgrade? I've used other apps that release these controls, but the final quality is pretty bad.

Talent
Message 1179 of 1,250
Message 1179 of 1,250

Re: concurrent ISO control and SHUTTER

@RamonMS wrote:

In xperia xz, you can not use ISO and SHUTTER at the same time. Will it be possible in a future upgrade? I've used other apps that release these controls, but the final quality is pretty bad.

Yeah, this should be escalated to top, since this, only 1s shutter speed (opposed to rivals ofthen having 32s) and RAW with HAL unlocked Camera2 API should be easy to do.

Adviser
Message 1180 of 1,250
Message 1180 of 1,250

Re: concurrent ISO control and SHUTTER

@RamonMS wrote:

XZ2 series already has them indepedent, for the records.