account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1091 of 1,250
Message 1091 of 1,250

Re: Is there any way to use Google HDR+ ported camera app on XZ1?

Sony needs to stop being stubborn and enable RAW support on their cameras.

It's absolutely pathetic that Google has added it on Android 5.0, we're on Android 8.0 and Sony still insists in preventing their users from having access to it out of pure stubborness and nothing else.

Inhabitant
Message 1092 of 1,250
Message 1092 of 1,250

Re: Is there any way to use Google HDR+ ported camera app on XZ1?

Is there any "official" thread to push Sony to support Camera2 API?

One time poster
Message 1093 of 1,250
Message 1093 of 1,250

Re: Camera2 API?

I am seriously thinking of stopping to buy sony if I do not enable the capture function in raw in the xperia z5, I find it intorerable!

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1094 of 1,250
Message 1094 of 1,250

Taking photos in raw format with xz premium

Can someone from Sony please explain why there is no raw format for photos. I am a photographer and need this option and  cannot believe that Sony have not included this in their 'premium' phone. I assume Sony have a really good explanation for this and would be interested to hear it.  I will have to move to another maker if this is not going to be offered.

Enthusiast
Message 1095 of 1,250
Message 1095 of 1,250

Re: Taking photos in raw format with xz premium

Please please give us RAW Format..

Inhabitant
Message 1096 of 1,250
Message 1096 of 1,250

If you want shutter speed or RAW, you can buy LG V30 or Razer Phone, or spend 100$ for Canon change the firmaware and you will have full custom control and infinity shutter speed. If sony don't cary for you you must to forgot for sony

Inhabitant
Message 1097 of 1,250
Message 1097 of 1,250

sony don't delete my post, i just give solution on this peoples, which you can't make.

Adept
Message 1098 of 1,250
Message 1098 of 1,250

RAW support for camera

Dear Sony, 

Please include RAW image support in the next update. Camera on xperias are advertised as one of the big selling points and I personally feel that the software is lacking in manual controls and  not so good post-image  processing. 

It would be amazing if these features, or rather essential features are added to the camera. 

Thank you

Learner
Message 1099 of 1,250
Message 1099 of 1,250

Camera2API Request

Hi.

I just got my xperia XZ Premium yesterday, and overall I am happy. However, I very much resent the camera and the quality of the low light processing. It's awful. My nexus 5 was better. I am also comparing the images I take, to my friend's, who has the new google pixel 2, and his photos are incredible, especially the new bokeh effect. From what I have read, these results should be possible on any decent sensor which has access to the full camera2api, through software post processing on the RAW image. 

Herein lies the problem. For some unbeknownst reason, Sony does not fully support the camera2API, and therefor the camera APK crashes when I try to use it. 

Dear Sony. Please add my resquest to the millions of other xperia users, and IMPLEMENT THE FULL CAMERA 2 API. 

Its not hard to do. EVERY other premium phone provider has done it, so by not implementing it, you are either showcasing your technical incompetence, or for some reason, deliberately isolating yourself. Either way, your inaction breeds brand resentment, and soon buyers will take their money elsewhere. Sony used to be synonomous with high quality photography, but the current competition is blowing you out of the water. Why do you let them?

In all seriousness, how much money would I have to crowdfund to get you to do it?

Inhabitant
Message 1100 of 1,250
Message 1100 of 1,250

Re: Camera2API Request

I really doubt that this is gonna happen. Not in this universe...