account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 981 of 1,251
Message 981 of 1,251

Re: RAW Image File

I just got the xperia z3 compact I was expecting it supports the camera api2 by default, never imagined it wasn’t, I’m very disappointed now.

Apprentice
Message 982 of 1,251
Message 982 of 1,251

Re: RAW Image File

Don't ever expect SONY to actually LISTEN to their customers. They just LIE and talk in circles

Apprentice
Message 983 of 1,251
Message 983 of 1,251

Re: Camera2 API?

How is that solved? The accepted answer is absurd! If there wasn't customer interest in the feature, why are you advertising your new products with it? It is obviously a very nasty and ineffective trick to make people change perfectly working deviced to get access to features that could be implemented on existing hardware!!! Just give the customers a good care service and they will choose your brand again when they need or want a new device.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 984 of 1,251
Message 984 of 1,251

I am still waiting for even little support for camera2 api on xperia z3...even if you don't implement raw, is it difficult to add camera2 and provide us manual controls on some of your flagships?

One time poster
Message 985 of 1,251
Message 985 of 1,251

Raw format please... thinking of the XZ, but apparently no raw support yet?

/Peter

Regular
Message 986 of 1,251
Message 986 of 1,251

still no support for raw even on THE XZ???? UNBELIEVABLE

Many xperia flagships come with an exmor imx220, that clearly supports raw output (as stated on the product brief, search on google). Is it so difficult to implement this functionality in software, so you can make a good chunk of your users happy?

One time poster
Message 987 of 1,251
Message 987 of 1,251

Looking for an application that can take photos in Raw format with 23 MP

RAW Support?
Learner
Message 988 of 1,251
Message 988 of 1,251

Re: Looking for an application that can take photos in Raw format with 23 MP

Maybe you can search it on Google ,

Learner
Message 989 of 1,251
Message 989 of 1,251

Enable Full Manual Controls in camera

I just recently bought Xperia XZ and I'm very disappointed to see that the "Full Manual Controls" in the camera UI and Camera2 API are actually pretty limited. Manual settings, such as "Saturation", "Contrast", "Sharpness", available since a long long time in Samsung and HTC devices, are absolutely unavailable and inaccessible here, neither in the default camera UI, nor in third-party applications, such as FreeDCam, Camera FV-5 and so on. For example, if you check this video, showing the capabilities of the FreeDCam application - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWg0KaXbv5I , you can see how many settings at the bottom of the screen can be manually adjusted. But when I installed this application on my Xperia XZ, I got only "Manual focus", "ISO", "Manual exposure time", "Exposure compensation" and "Zoom". All other settings are missing. Worried Face I read some time ago that Sony finally enabled the full manual settings, but from what I see quite a lot of settings are missing... Is there any way to enable them, maybe by rooting the device or I don't know, but I need them, otherwise I'll have to sell the phone and look for other options... The best option is, of course, Sony to finally enable them, but knowing the quality of Sony's support, I doubt that wil ever happen... Slightly frowning Face

The reason why I need these settings is because of the camera's very poor performance, mostly because of with the dull and poor colors, and I want to compensate that by boosting the saturation and the contrast. Even my trustworthy 5 years old Xperia Pro takes much better photos - with less noise and better colors... I'm very disappointed with Xperia XZ's camera...

yce
Commissioner
Message 990 of 1,251
Message 990 of 1,251

Re: Enable Full Manual Controls in camera

Indeed! Please Sony!

Thank you!