account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
Learner
Message 971 of 1,249
Message 971 of 1,249

Re: Camera2 API?

yes we need raw support in Z5 Compact! Thank you

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 972 of 1,249
Message 972 of 1,249

I dont believe that they read these messages. We want raw support for 2 years all companies gave this function but Sony still waiting. Also we are forced to use garbage camera software of Sony. Very sad sony! Even your manuel controls on XZ are not working properly. It is not possible to change ISO and shutter speed at same time and pass over 1 second shutter speed. Why? What is the logic of that? What are you doing please explain in logical way? I am asking to Sony Mobile Camera engineers!

One time poster
Message 973 of 1,249
Message 973 of 1,249

Camera long exposure

I really like the Xperia xz camera.
This is beyond the iPhone.

but I need a longer shutter speed.
for long exposure.

Anyone has a better app or idea?
Sony will patch it?
(sorry my English)
Genius
Message 974 of 1,249
Message 974 of 1,249

Re: Camera long exposure

Hello @Kelrit,

Welcome to the forum!

As far as I know there isn't any setting for this in the preinstalled camera application. If you'd like I can forward this as user feedback.

There might be other apps available on Google Play that suit your needs. If you find anything, feel free to share it in our app suggestions board: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/App-suggestions/m-p/1164148

Let me know if there's anything else you are wondering about. Slightly smiling Face

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 975 of 1,249
Message 975 of 1,249

Re: Camera long exposure

I have tried "Manual Camera" on my Xperia XZ  which allows ISO , shutter and other settings but check with the compatibilty program first.

However the Xperia XZ with Nougat 7.0 and the latest firmware does not implement the RAW feature.

So please add yet another vote for RAW support to be added.

Mike

Inhabitant
Message 976 of 1,249
Message 976 of 1,249

RAW Support

Didn't you guys felt cheated when this phone which its price comparable to Iphone 6s didn't have RAW support?
One time poster
Message 977 of 1,249
Message 977 of 1,249

Good day to all of you.
I just updated to Nougat and it was a huge disappointment when I started the camera and the option for multiple targeting was no longer available. So now I can only target by finger or auto single target.
I think the point of an update is to improve not to go backwards. Please Sony fix this and u should add a lot more options for the Manual mode.
Hope I can get an answer to this.
Visitor
Message 978 of 1,249
Message 978 of 1,249

@Rickard wrote:

Android 5.0 supports the new camera features via android.hardware.camera2, and Google defines three modes for the new camera features:

1. Legacy mode (no support RAW capture)
  2. Limited mode (optional capability for RAW capture)
  3. Full mode (optional capability for RAW capture)

Currently, Xperia supports Legacy mode in our Lollipop update which incorporate features and functionality in addition to our already renowned camera experience. As always, we're monitoring our customer expectations and regarding supporting taking pictures in RAW format, we will consider this for the future if there is a popular demand.

Hi Rickard,

sorry to say that, but you're obviously not monitoring the customer expectations.

There are 96 pages in this thread, so there's definitely a demand but SONY chose to not include the full Camera2 API with RAW-Support in Android 6.0 nor 7.0. It's really sad to see such a great piece of hardware combined with software that simply does not live up to the expectations.

There's a ton of bloatware on new devices and the features that stand out, like the camera, are not fully supported.

You'll also lose the DRM-Keys if you dare to unlock your bootloader.

Why is it so hard to bundle proper software with a decent device? Other companies seem to handle that much better.

With best regards,

sincere

Inhabitant
Message 979 of 1,249
Message 979 of 1,249

RAW Image File

Please add an option to save an image from camera as RAW image file!

Regular
Message 980 of 1,249
Message 980 of 1,249

Re: RAW Image File

It is something that Sony will never allow to users, unfortunately. Sony broke my dreams about mobile camera, I am not happy with my Z5s camera as well, takes grainy photos and sides are very blurry.