account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
Talent
Message 921 of 1,250
Message 921 of 1,250

Re: Camera2 API?

Please for storage space sake add the option to set the JPEG quality of the resulting files! Xperia camera uses 97% JPEG which is totally ridiculous and given the average quality of the photos very useless as well! If it was like 70% the files would be one third of a size and looking the same! I have 15years of experience with digital photography so you can believe me with this. More comments here http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/camera-app-where-is-the-JPEG-quality-settings/m-p/98...
Learner
Message 922 of 1,250
Message 922 of 1,250

Come on Sony - Your best camera phone, If you actually do care about what your customers have to say, you should really listen to the growing user base who want RAW support!

One time poster
Message 923 of 1,250
Message 923 of 1,250

so... where is it?

One time poster
Message 924 of 1,250
Message 924 of 1,250

I NEEEEEEDDDD RAAAAAAWWWWWW!

One time poster
Message 925 of 1,250
Message 925 of 1,250

--> RAW Format, Yes, please!<--

First I thought, take pictures just on the fly, don´t dig too deep into techniques, in Auto-Mode it works fine, so what´s the matter??...ISO, Shutter (Shutter Island has nothing to do with it...), Brightness, who invents such stuff, just leave it, it will only slow you down!...Of cause everyone in photography makes a development and just to take picture to take pictures and fill your hard drive is not satisfying, mostly just akward....The Smartphone producers had of cause no problems with that...

A good pictures tells you a story, this story needs to shaped out later in Photoshop et al, JPEG is not the right format for a good manipulation of pictures...A good Smartcam has i.e. the features offered in the ProShot App (which unluckily doesn´t work at all for my Xperia Z1...), so there is still much to improve!!! I would like to buy a new Sony Handy from the X-Series, but only if the missing features especially in the ProShot App are fixed like Raw mode etc.

--> And by the way, the handling for my Sony DSC-QX100 are the same minimalistic hands-on problems, no App support for Augmented Reality, no Panorama Shots etc, also much to improve!!!

One time poster
Message 926 of 1,250
Message 926 of 1,250

Yes, of course RAW format is important!

A key selling point of the high end Xperias is the camera, and any half serious photographer uses RAW. 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 927 of 1,250
Message 927 of 1,250

I would love raw support. Please add it to the nougat update. I hate it when Samsung owners taunt me for no raw support on my phone. The water has flown over the head. Time to show how great and legendary Sony is.
Rookie
Message 928 of 1,250
Message 928 of 1,250

Better to ping sony
One time poster
Message 929 of 1,250
Message 929 of 1,250

IF THERE IS A POPULAR DEMAND !?!?!?
Shall we protest in the streets!?!? For little thing like this!?!
Shall we demand the RAW SUPPORT in the CNN!?!?
How popular should it be!? That maybe some day you would add raw support, how hard is that!? Adding a new feature to the camera
RAW SUPPORT IS NECESSARY FOR 23MP LENSES PHONE LIKE (( XPERIA X))
details on indoor images, specially at night, is disappointing, selfy am white balance is awful

Maybe we should reconsider our favorite mobile brand
Going to samsong lg or...

Im not optimistic that u add raw support ordo anything, couse its not ((POPULAR DEMAND)), these all are JUST comements from a very few, who were wrong about bying sony xperia smartphones

Never ever make this mistake again

Apprentice
Message 930 of 1,250
Message 930 of 1,250

My friend has an.OPPO f1s and it has manual controls and better image quality on the front cam! Gosh please someone contact.sony. They are behind the competition! I have a high end sony phone AND MY FRIEND HAS ONLY MID RANGE PHONE!