account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
Learner
Message 721 of 1,249
Message 721 of 1,249

Re: Camera2 API?

Just registered my forum account today for feature request - Camera2 API.

I did read the post from Rickard which marked as solution. Now I'm seeing more than 700 posts in this thread, and Sony Xperia representatives has yet to reply on this demand. I'm still seeing more demands from petitions, Disqus comments, Twitter, and other forums.

I am still in market for new phones to replace my current Samsung Galaxy S4. I won't hestitate buy latest Sony Xperia device as soon as Sony Xperia opens the RAW option in the next update.

If not, I'm considering buying one of these devices supply with Sony Exmor RS sensor and Full Camera2 API:

• LG G4 (Sony Exmor RS IMX234)
  • LG G5 (Sony Exmor RS IMX234)
  • Samsung Galaxy S6 (Sony Exmor RS IMX240)
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (Sony Exmor RS IMX240)
  • Samsung Galaxy S7 (Sony Exmor RS IMX260)

Edited: Spelling corrections.

One time poster
Message 722 of 1,249
Message 722 of 1,249

Hello
Adobe has released lightroom 2.0 for Android that lets you take pictures in RAW. I installed this but it refuses to take photos in RAW. (Z5 compact) The solution, go to brands less rigid, more flexible, but surely not to kneel in supplication.

One time poster
Message 723 of 1,249
Message 723 of 1,249

Yes please
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 724 of 1,249
Message 724 of 1,249

Please add full manual controls and RAW support!

There's also something wrong with the focus lock (Z5 Compact) when trying to take a macro shot. Even if the subject is too close for the camera to focus, the blue circle (focus lock symbol) shows up.

One time poster
Message 725 of 1,249
Message 725 of 1,249

We need full manual mode and raw on the Z5!
Adept
Message 726 of 1,249
Message 726 of 1,249

Sorry guys, no raw on MM.
Learner
Message 727 of 1,249
Message 727 of 1,249

See the screenshot below. Excerpt from Disqus comment box in Xperia Blog (http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/03/01/sonys-marshmallow-android-concept-is-our-favourite-xperia-softw...). We need it now. Don't want to wait for another year.

Edited: Link fixed.

Talent
Message 728 of 1,249
Message 728 of 1,249

Even in MM still no RAW and full Camera2 API compatibility and functions... And yet Sony says ''best camera expirience''. With what? Blue markers in areas of picture that should be dark? In loss of textured details? In not being able to use full resolution with 3rd party apps that have in fact much more options then the native one... 

I know this is user based forum, but i just had to let it all out, as i am now one angry user...

One time poster
Message 729 of 1,249
Message 729 of 1,249

Please add RAW support ! Sony Phone are great, they'll be perfect with RAW support.

One time poster
Message 730 of 1,249
Message 730 of 1,249

RAW please!

Ive been using Xperias since the 1st model, but will not buy another unless raw capture is enabled now that the capability is there.

Continue to lead, don't rest on your laurels or you will loose us.