account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera2 API?

SOLVED
Tuc
One time poster
Message 691 of 1,248
Message 691 of 1,248

Re: Camera2 API?

Raw please. Is like having top of the range Sony headphones in mono. It's like having a Sony bravia in black and white only. Come on Sony do it because that's what Sony does not because it's more work because it's how you work.
One time poster
Message 692 of 1,248
Message 692 of 1,248

SONY PLEASE DO RAW SUPPORT FOR THE Z5 SERIE'S!!! Without this the phone isn't complete and samsung and LG also have this for their high end phones so to see it on this awesome Z5 compact some day because otherwise i have to go LG next Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 693 of 1,248
Message 693 of 1,248

We have 4 older Xperia phones in the family. We like the phones but now going to switch. LG probably. Lack of raw camera support is deal breaker for us.

I understand you don't want to cannibalize small cameras sales, but remember what Steve Jobs has said: "If you don't cannibalize yourself, someone else will"

..and this is just happening to you, SONY

One time poster
Message 694 of 1,248
Message 694 of 1,248

Camera2 API please.
Highlighted
Adept
Message 695 of 1,248
Message 695 of 1,248

First make the software better.

MWM
Regular
Message 696 of 1,248
Message 696 of 1,248

I would like to have manual focus as auto focus isn't always accurate especially at night... And i would like to have control over shutter for more creativity... And white balance to control saturation.
One time poster
Message 697 of 1,248
Message 697 of 1,248

Seriously, the ability to shoot RAW only enhances the user experience.  Sony is trying to make its mark in the photo world with all the innovations it is bringing, so why not have the flagship mobile phones capture RAW images?

Visitor
Message 698 of 1,248
Message 698 of 1,248

Well, i am not new in this Z5 camera anymore, and i am still impressed by the exelent sharpness and aberrations control of this lens and the sensitivity of the Exmor sensor. The question comes even heavier, will there be a full manual control of the camera with a lossless recording as the RAW format?

It will be more than appreciated. This device will be the standard of everyday photography.
One time poster
Message 699 of 1,248
Message 699 of 1,248

please consider adding full camera api2 support, at least on z5 series

if future phones will have OIS and non-plastic lenses if would be great too, but thats not software-related

One time poster
Message 700 of 1,248
Message 700 of 1,248

I want the RAW support for my Sony Xperia Z5 Premium! It's a necessity.