account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Apps moved to SD card still reserve space in internal storage

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 101 of 184
Message 101 of 184

Re: whay??!!

@MRO

I agree with you but I doubt it, think about it, nexus devices lack SD cards, and with kitkat Google imposed a lot of restrictions, it's a lot better now on Lollipop but there isn't much improvement and I doubt Google will spend too much time on the SD card access, restrictions, apps to sd card, etc. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

MRO
Learner
Message 102 of 184
Message 102 of 184

Re: why??!!

you are correct, Google have the affordable and broader issues for development!!

Visitor
Message 103 of 184
Message 103 of 184

Re: Apps to SD in Xperia Z?

Has there been any change to this issue of not being able to move apps to SD? The function's can be accessed on my Z3 though reading here on this forum in a more recent thread people are claiming with Lollipop the data stays on the internal memory after the phone completes and notifies of a success transfer?

I am please with my D6603 though having bought it out right was surprised to find only circa 5 gbs of available internal storage!

I can unlock the bootloader and root my phone but I don't feel I should have to.

Woud anyone recommend flashing the phone and installing an older android version which allows for moving apps to sd card or is there gonna be an update allowing this function to work as it should?

Emperor
Message 104 of 184
Message 104 of 184

Re: Apps to SD in Xperia Z?

@AgentOrange

Older versions of android on the Z3 does NOT allow you to move apps to the SD card, you can only move partially the apps to the SD card, again that's a Google restriction.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 105 of 184
Message 105 of 184

Re: Apps moved to SD card still reserve space in internal storage

Thats the FIX for moving OBB and Data files on LOLIPOP on the Externat SD card - This program seems to fool the system the file is still on the internall memory but it moves it to the SD card. But you need to be rooted  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devasque.fmount&hl=bg  Cheers Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Learner
Message 106 of 184
Message 106 of 184

I can confirm this problem, its really misleading bug.

When I choose any app that shows me it has some data on SD card in App info, it actually is not there. This is very confusing and definitely should be adressed and changed.

As an example here underlined red info is not correct -- everything is actually on internal memory.

Screenshot.gif

Rickard, can we please get your opinion on the matter? Thank you!

Adviser
Message 107 of 184
Message 107 of 184

Hi friends,

May be it will be resolved by the next update that schedule on next month...

Message 108 of 184
Message 108 of 184

Move to SD card doesn't work in Lollipop

Is there anywhere online where we can check if we can move apps to our SD cards? That's question 1

Question 2. Why does it say "Not enough space on SD card" when I still have 24GB free on it?

Visitor
Message 109 of 184
Message 109 of 184

Moving downloaded apps to SDcard

Why is that when I moved my downloaded apps to my sd card its still count on my phone memory it should give me more space on my phone memory because I already moved it to my sdcard right?? But somehow its not its still in the phone memory. Help me on this please thanks.
Emperor
Message 110 of 184
Message 110 of 184

Re: Moving downloaded apps to SDcard

@Neil1

It has been asked before

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Apps-moved-to-SD-card-still-reserve-space-in-interna...