account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Android Q When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Android Q When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Android Q Beta

image1.png

Android Q Beta 1 has been released, as of right now only Pixel devices will have the chance to play with it 

Privacy it's one of the main focus on the update:

Device Location control at app level, you can allow it to access your location all the time or only when you are using the app (I really like this option) 

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 10.42.10 AM.png

More control on app access to Media and Download files 

Background apps will have priority notification setting, no more missing calls, alarms, messages, etc

Improvements for foldable/double screens (doesn't quite apply to Xperias, yet? we'll see, make it happen Sony)

Sharing shortcuts, I don't see much difference but it'll be welcome, I'm looking you Sony's Album app 

Settings panel, now this will be great, no more going through the main settings menu, we'll have to wait and see how its integrated and how intuitive.

There are more and more improvements, you can read it all here >>> Source

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

XZ PREMIUM AND ANDROID Q

I have XZ Premium!!! One from the best

Sony smartphones!!! 

Will we get android Q?

Thank you in advance !!! 

Talent
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: XZ PREMIUM AND ANDROID Q

I think the Android 9 will be last android in this device. For android 10 are there XZ2, XZ2 c., XZ2 Premium, XZ3 and new XZ3(premium) or XZ4

Talent
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

We just hope 1 more just 1 more android update for xz premium.. Badly needed new dark ui of android Q.. This too much white kills my eyes and phone battery.  And besides just don't leave snapdragon 835 devices easily. This device is so much premium and deserves another update.  Just hoping .  

Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

I  agree with you!!!

XZ Premium,  is a perfect device and for me the most beautiful!!! 

Snap 835 also very strong!!! 

Please Sony, don't forget one of your best  devices!!!

Pioneer
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Android 10 'Q' when are we getting it :Wink:

Just read an article about upcoming changes in Android Q.

It made me think: "what have we been losing in recent years that was worth retaining"

What about

- automatic adding a shortcut of newly installed apps to the home screen.

- the volume rocker seeing where one could set the device in 'do not disturbe mode' at once just by pressing volume down.

- Xperia actions, the very handy help for commute, abroad etc. (sorry this is not Q related, just missing it)

Anyway: what kind of handy, useful software features are you missing most nowadays?

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
One time poster
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Re: Android 10 'Q' when are we getting it :Wink:

I think that "Q" will be just a 1gb update to dark mode.Heard about "Google will kill back button?"Why?Pouting FaceFace with Steam from NoseWeary Face

@Strampke wrote:

Just read an article about upcoming changes in Android Q.

It made me think: "what have we been losing in recent years that was worth retaining"

What about

- automatic adding a shortcut of newly installed apps to the home screen.

- the volume rocker seeing where one could set the device in 'do not disturbe mode' at once just by pressing volume down.

- Xperia actions, the very handy help for commute, abroad etc. (sorry this is not Q related, just missing it)

Anyway: what kind of handy, useful software features are you missing most nowadays?

One time poster
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Bonjour,

Fan de sony depuis la game Z et aujourd'hui j'en suis à XZ premium MERCI à sony de ne pas nous privé de la mise à jour à savoir android Q se serait domage pour ses utilisateurs mais envers la marque en elle même car le XZ premium reste un smartphone haute game de la marque sony! Et serait tant que sony penses à developpé son propre système d'éxploitation pour ses appareils ne plus dépendre de google! Comme le fait apple et black berry! Sony est camapable de fabriqué un console de jeu avec son propre système d'exploitation qui fait la une dans le monde entier ce n'est un système pour ses propres smartphones qui lui en sera difficile d'en develloper merci cordialement 

Hello,

Fan sony since the game Z and today I'm at XZ premium THANKS to sony not to us private update to know android Q would be rotting for its users but the brand itself because the XZ premium is a high-end smartphone of the brand sony! And as long as sony thinks about developing his own operating system for his devices no longer depend on google! Like apple and black berry! Sony is able to make a game console with its own operating system that is the world's leading it is a system for its own smartphones that will be difficult to develloper thank you cordially

gt

Learner
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Android Q for #XperiaXZPremium #

One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Can xzp update Android Q?

I want update android Q in Sony xzp !