account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Adept
Message 321 of 793
Message 321 of 793

Re: Xperia XZ Premium did not get android 9 yet

@Quester wrote:

@schickel

Sorry if the link was not working, it should be fixed now.

However, no need to use curse words or be abusive towards others while posting your thoughts on the forum. We are here to help each other, and if there were a better answer than what I posted I'd gladly use it.

A good answer about questions regarding Customized DE would be, why it is not released, where other DE versions are released like Vodafone and Telekom. What's so hard to release Customized DE? Other Customized-Regions are released. THAT is the question we are waiting to be answered. It's not enough to say "Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets". We users are not blind and see what happens.

So, have you a really good explaination, WHY Customized DE is NOT released?

Or: Can you send a hint to SONY devs to tell them, that there are customers waiting for updates? Or get from SONY directly a hint, what's going on?

Message 322 of 793
Message 322 of 793

@schickel

I'm also a user so no, I don't have answers to your questions. Do you use an XZ Premium? 

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adept
Message 323 of 793
Message 323 of 793

@Quester wrote:

@schickel

I'm also a user so no, I don't have answers to your questions. Do you use an XZ Premium? 

THAT's an answer. Finally!

And yes, I'm using an XZ Premium, I've preordered it in 2017.

Talent
Message 324 of 793
Message 324 of 793

Schickel, i've read in vodafone germany forum that a moderator said that sony stoped the update after finding problems. So they might be testing and fixing the firmware right now. Unfortunetly this will take some time...

A XZ1 Compact customizes DE user.

One time poster
Message 325 of 793
Message 325 of 793

Android pie update

Hi 

I had bought xperia xz1 g8341 a month ago and I didnt get android 9.0 OTA however the android 9.0 is rolling out a month ago I'm from algeria i need an explanation and thank you 

Pioneer
Message 326 of 793
Message 326 of 793

Re: Android pie update

@Ernesto-93;

The updates release are dependent on  your firmware costumization version, check the update for your version in Xpericheck.com. 

Adept
Message 327 of 793
Message 327 of 793

@Profyler1 wrote:

Schickel, i've read in vodafone germany forum that a moderator said that sony stoped the update after finding problems. So they might be testing and fixing the firmware right now. Unfortunetly this will take some time...

A XZ1 Compact customizes DE user.

I've got this information on XDA with source. 

I'm done with this here. Have no words for this "Xperia Support Forum".

No offense to @Quester, but it's dubious that Sony is not able to place relevant information in their official portal where users are hoping to be informed seriously. "Normal" users hold their heads for Sony in this forum.

As I said, I'm done here and check out.

One time poster
Message 328 of 793
Message 328 of 793

Android 9 in Canada

There is still no update for Xperia xz1 in Canada. Can someone tell how is Sony this lazy?

One time poster
Message 329 of 793
Message 329 of 793

Update

Hi, I wanted to know the exact time of the Android 9 update for my phone

Pioneer
Message 330 of 793
Message 330 of 793

Re: Update

Update depends on your region.

Some are first in line, some are not.

Be patient.