account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Talent
Message 811 of 835
Message 811 of 835

Re: When will the Android 10 update be delivered to xz1?

It won't be.

The phone model is over 2 years old and is not due to be updated beyond 9

There is confusion (I.E no info) on if security patches will continue - caused by the phone beng listed as an Android Enterprise approved model .

(it's picture is still online here ---> https://www.android.com/enterprise/devices/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA_rfvBRCPARIsANlV66MDsiJsQco1t4GmqXp9oE-SmI...)

But the phone was not a "rugged" model and "knowledge" models are, well read the t&cs https://androidenterprisepartners.withgoogle.com/glossary/device/

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 812 of 835
Message 812 of 835

تحديث اندرويد 9 لم يصل لهاتفي

g8342

Highlighted
Learner
Message 813 of 835
Message 813 of 835

A powerful phone like xz1 should take android 10

Highlighted
Regular
Message 814 of 835
Message 814 of 835

My Xperia 1 has not received Android 10 update

My Xperia 1 has not received Android 10 update

Highlighted
Message 815 of 835
Message 815 of 835

Re: My Xperia 1 has not received Android 10 update

So just wait your turn, like people from regions where it hasn't been released yet.

It's done in stages, and depends on translations, markets, service providers, and more..so not everyone in every regions gets it at the same time.

Highlighted
Sage
Message 816 of 835
Message 816 of 835

You may use sites like XperiCheck to monitor release to Xperia phones.

-It will also give you an indication on release-time compared to other regions etc for previous relases.

https://xpericheck.com/ 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 817 of 835
Message 817 of 835

Can you plz explain how to see when will android 10 come to Croatia? I am new with xperia so i dont understand how update stages work?

Highlighted
Adept
Message 818 of 835
Message 818 of 835

I have J9110 model and still nothing android 10 OTA in Croatia?! And in xperiacheck i see that model have android 10, why i didnt get it?

Highlighted
Sage
Message 819 of 835
Message 819 of 835

As mentioned earlier in this thread, the releases are staged og released when ready/customized to suit the different service-providers/markets, etc.

For example the NOBA release came 5 days ago, and this release is for us living in Scandinavia. (perhaps others as well)

You will have to wait for the release in your region. 

PS: If you use for example Xpericheck to check for release, you will benefit if you find out what the release used in Croatia is called. -For example NOBA here in the nordic, most likely something else in Croatia. (I do not know all regions and corresponding names)

When you know what to look for, look at for example the XZ3 phone for a sense for how fast the version for Croatia is released compared to other regions. 

That will give you an idea, but you might get future release faster or slower than in the past.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 820 of 835
Message 820 of 835

If you haven't received the update, consider yourself lucky – and think carefully about whether to update at all. The update is so full of serious bugs that it should not have been released.