account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Adept
Message 301 of 801
Message 301 of 801

Re: pie update in Germany

@Nemo26 wrote:

Still no pie update in Germany? Third month? Some markets are updated twice untill now, what's wrong with us?

It feels like SONY is fooling us. I've Customized DE and it was always one of the first updated. But now, over 60 updates for various regions and 2 releases - but nothing for Customized DE.

It feels like to be at the dentist... But I prefer the dentist Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 302 of 801
Message 302 of 801

Android Update

Hi Guys,

When I'm able to update my Android to Android9?!

Apprentice
Message 303 of 801
Message 303 of 801

no more notification to upgrade android pie

I had notification to upgrade android pie before but now it is no more, why sony? please anyone can tell me

Learner
Message 304 of 801
Message 304 of 801

Re: Android Pie XZ2 ccompact

To say 'just keep checking' is placing a segment of your customer base into wasted cycle of checking - it's not short of saying Sony don't think our time is of any value, i.e. just keep polling, oh and by the way, it may never arrive, so tough, we can't tell you this either. This is poor customer handling. The fact the software exists, but certain customers aren't receiving the update doesn't sit easy with loyal customers. Sony could do so much better here.

One time poster
Message 305 of 801
Message 305 of 801

Re: Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

I have xzp and no notification for android pie comes until now... When android9 come for my phone??! 

One time poster
Message 306 of 801
Message 306 of 801

No android 9.0 in Taiwan

Does anyone know why there is no android 9.0 upgrade in Taiwan ? It has been a long time since Sony release android 9.0 on xperia xz1Screenshot_20181209-115911.png

Rookie
Message 307 of 801
Message 307 of 801

No update for customized de?

Hello. I'm New here because Sony just told me to write here. I have a Sony xperia xz Premium and since 2 month i got no Updates (also no pie)... Sony Support couldnt help me @ all and telekom de got the 2 new Updates... Will i get any Update furthermore or will i get no Update anymore... Pls help me

Message 308 of 801
Message 308 of 801

Re: No update for customized de?

@Pheliac92

Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Rookie
Message 309 of 801
Message 309 of 801

Re: pie update in Germany

It's the same for me. I think there will be no further update for customized DE. I think the cost of updating a phone which wasn't sold so good in Germany is too much for Sony... 

One time poster
Message 310 of 801
Message 310 of 801

Will there be an upgrade to android 9?

Will there be an upgrade to android 9?