account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 191 of 806
Message 191 of 806

Re: Update android pie 9.0

The post for Andoid 9.0 in XZ Premium's forum is removed. Sony you said you will give us android 9.0 so do it don't become a company like lenovo or htc where you dont listen to your customers and do what you promised to do. First was the delay without notice, second was the removal of android 9.0 from the support app in our phones and now posts??? What is next? Rollbacking our phones to android nougat? I know it's hard to optimize OS for specific devices and prepare it but at least tell us what is happening dont leave us in the black.

Message 192 of 806
Message 192 of 806

Hi @FragmentVision

The Android Pie pages are still live, as found here https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxzpremium/ . You can also see that the User Guide and Manual are already updated to Android Pie.

Probably the update was delayed due to some bugs and Sony is probably waiting to deliver the update with November security patches. I understand the frustrations, especially because I own an XZP as well. However, as Sony state on the blog post, the update was going to be available from 26 October so it´s on schedule. 

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Inhabitant
Message 193 of 806
Message 193 of 806

I'm not trying to be aggressive and yes at least that page is still there to give us the little hope we want and as i stated before i know its because of bugs but it's stupid to say the android 9.0 is avaible for xzp while no one still have it and the main post for android 9.0 in the xzp forum is deleted and in the support app is showing there will be no major update while sony keep us in the dark at least THEY could of said it that the android 9.0 will be delayed by some weeks... Now every xzp, xz1, xz1 compact is just hoping they will get it and by seeing these things most of the owners lose hope...

Message 194 of 806
Message 194 of 806

@FragmentVision

As I mentioned before, the update is going to happen.

It´s sad that we don´t have any new info on a new date, but XZ Premium and XZ1 series owners will get it.

The post, if I´m not mistaken, are moved to the topic regarding Android 9 Pie to keep it organized!

We just need to have a little patience. We will get it eventually Slightly smiling Face

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
One time poster
Message 195 of 806
Message 195 of 806

when you can install Android 9 update on Sony Xperia xz1

when you can install Android 9 update on Sony Xperia xz1
When Android 9 is available for Sony Xperia xz1

, когда можно будет установить обновление Android 9 на Sony Xperia xz1

, Когда будет доступен Android 9 для Sony Xperia xz1

@Zhek1

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

One time poster
Message 196 of 806
Message 196 of 806

Xperia xz2 android pie

When will Canadian xz2 owners (outside of those of us on bell) be getting android pie? Been eagerly anticipating the update for some time and I hope I don't have to wait months. 

Message 197 of 806
Message 197 of 806

Where is Pie?

Sony said that the Android 9 Pie update will be released for XZ2 Premium at the 7 of November. It's already 8th but my device still on Android 8 Oreo. System saying I have latest version of software. Who has the same problems?

One time poster
Message 198 of 806
Message 198 of 806

Can't upgrade to Android Pie

Non sono ancora riuscito ad aggiornare il mio Sony Xperia Xz2, e non trovo l'aggiornamento. 

I have not been able to update my Sony Xperia Xz2 yet, and I can not find the update.

-GT

Message 199 of 806
Message 199 of 806

Re: Where is Pie?

It's not a problem, it's just a delay no doubt.

It'll arrive soon.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 200 of 806
Message 200 of 806

Re: Can't upgrade to Android Pie

Well, maybe the update is not available for your region/carrier yet.

You can check with XperiFirm if it's available but if you haven't received it, it probably isn't.