account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Message 11 of 801
Message 11 of 801

Re: How do i get android P of xz premium ??

Hi, 

Android P for xz premium will roll out once the actual software is passed beta and becomes available as a download for xz premium.

If you are a developer looking for a build of P, I would suggest getting an XZ2 as a test device.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 12 of 801
Message 12 of 801

software update

Will xzs receive android P? 

Message 13 of 801
Message 13 of 801

Re: software update

No one knows at the moment, my own personal belief is that, yes it will.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 14 of 801
Message 14 of 801

Update

Hi, will the xperia xa2 have the android p update please? I am currently using android oreo! 

Apprentice
Message 15 of 801
Message 15 of 801

Will xperia r1 plus receive android p or 9.0

Xperia r1 plus is the best selling product in india . So if sony is providing Android p to r1 and r1 plus it would be a great opportunity to get a better support to the customer's. Sony please take into considerations . 

Learner
Message 16 of 801
Message 16 of 801

Latest Update

I have sony xperia XZ1 when am gonna take the Android p update or am not gonna take it thank u

Emperor
Message 17 of 801
Message 17 of 801

Re: Latest Update

@Final2009100

This is all the available info

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Android-P-When-are-we-getting-it-Which-Xperias-will-...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

GJY
Learner
Message 18 of 801
Message 18 of 801

I wang to know if my xperia xz will get android 9.0 updates?

maybe not?

Crying Face

Message 19 of 801
Message 19 of 801

Re: I wang to know if my xperia xz will get android 9.0 updates?

@GJY

There are no official statements from Sony about Android 9.0 update roadmap, so no one can tell at the moment.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Regular
Message 20 of 801
Message 20 of 801

Will the XZ1 get Android P?

Since the XZ1 didn't even get 8.1 I was wondering if Sony decided to just skip the 8.1 because P is coming very soon or they just won't update the XZ1's version at all? I know nothing is confirmed yet except the XZ2s but I'm assuming that those of you who had Xperia phones for a long time can predict more or less what's gonna happen based on how Sony managed updates before. 

I've checked some websites and they don't mention the XZ1 and XZ1c as expected to get updated which is kinda lame considering it hasn't even been a year since they were released but again they're third party websites so it's hard to tell whether they are right or not.

Your thoughts?