account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular
Message 821 of 835
Message 821 of 835

Re: My Xperia 1 has not received Android 10 update

I'm in the Middle East of Iran please check for me to find out thank you

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 822 of 835
Message 822 of 835

When will I receive the Android 9 pie update?

متى ساتلقي تحديث أندرويد ٩ pie

When will I receive the Android 9 pie update?

-GT

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 823 of 835
Message 823 of 835

Re: When will I receive the Android 9 pie update?

Hi @Donbosco43, welcome to our forum!

I have translated your question to English as this is an International forum, please post any replies in English and it will be easier for me and other users to assist you.

The Xperia 1 was launched on Android Pie so there will not be an update to Android Pie.

Do you perhaps have a different phone model? You can see which model you have if you go to Settings > (System) > About phone.

Thank you.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 824 of 835
Message 824 of 835

Re: My Xperia 1 has not received Android 10 update

Thank you dear friend if you have any time to explain update bugs please don't be surprised

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 825 of 835
Message 825 of 835

android pie

will my sony Xperia XZ dual sim get the android pie 9 update, if so when will i get it 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 826 of 835
Message 826 of 835

Re: Xperia 1 Android 10 update

I'm a bit frustraited about poor SONY support. Android 10 was announced on Dec 5, now is Dec 23 and looks only lucky guys was updated to Android 10. Why this process is soooooo slow, I don't get it.

Anyway I'm mostly sure that most of us who using Xperia 1 and Xperia 5 won't get Android 10 in 2020, what a shame SONY?!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 827 of 835
Message 827 of 835

Pie update

Hi guys please can anyone tell me when /where i can download the pie update. I have a xperia xz. I have a cheap samsung phone for work and that updated a couple of months back. Please can anyone direct me to a download location. Many thanks for your time.. Jim

Highlighted
Regular
Message 828 of 835
Message 828 of 835

Re: Xperia 1 Android 10 update

My friend I received an update, and I can tell you for sure that Android 9 was great The performance of the handset was great at high speeds, now on Android 10 mobile performance is poor, AF system is not accurate and it does not lock eyes, and when I received an update. My mobile got in trouble with Xperia Support software and I lost all my information. I'm an old Sony customer and I have over 20 mobile phones but I hope not to lose the software. , I believe in Sony, good luck

Highlighted
Regular
Message 829 of 835
Message 829 of 835

Re: When will I receive the Android 9 pie update?

My phone model j8110 is my phone model xperia 1 and i got this mobile from london i got an update but i am having problems hopefully sony help us out

My friend I received an update, and I can tell you for sure that Android 9 was great The performance of the handset was great at high speeds, now on Android 10 mobile performance is poor, AF system is not accurate and it does not lock eyes, and when I received an update. My mobile got in trouble with Xperia Support software and I lost all my information. I'm an old Sony customer and I have over 20 mobile phones but I hope not to lose the software. , I believe in Sony, good luck

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 830 of 835
Message 830 of 835

Xperia Z Ultra C6806

Hi, Is it possible to update the OS to the latest Android 9 on the Xperia Z Ultra C6806? Any input will be appreciate it.