account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Learner
Message 691 of 770
Message 691 of 770

android pie

why wont xperia xz get android pie?

One time poster
Message 692 of 770
Message 692 of 770

Android pie update for sony xperia xa1 plus mobile

Android pie update for sony xperia xa1 plus mobile

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 693 of 770
Message 693 of 770

Update

I don't receive the update at this time. 

One time poster
Message 694 of 770
Message 694 of 770

When can Xperia XA2 Plus update Android pie(pie)?

机型是H4493 香港版

Model is H4493 Hong Kong version

gt

One time poster
Message 695 of 770
Message 695 of 770

Kindly upgrade o to p

Plz sent the upgrade of o to p for my Xperia XA1 my friend all using p but me only using Sony so I m using o android 

Learner
Message 696 of 770
Message 696 of 770

Android pie update xz premium

Hello I'm iranian user of sonmobile 

I have Xperia xz premium g8142 i have problem

Android pie update hasn't came for my smart phone yet actually i ain't get any update since dec11, 2018 please help me thank you

One time poster
Message 697 of 770
Message 697 of 770

No Android Pie on my H8266 XZ2

Hi

I have a factory unlocked Sony Xperia XZ2 H8266 directly purchased from Sony. The issue is my phone is still on Android 8 (Oreo) with February 2018 security update.

I don't really care about Android Pie as I hear the battery life is not as good as Oreo but I really want the security updates 

Why is this model not having the latest updates and is anyone else having this issue?

Visitor
Message 698 of 770
Message 698 of 770

No Android Pie for UAE?

I've been getting email updates for Pie since December 2018 but no updates pushed to my phone.
Support keep fobbing me off with "we can't guarantee update timescales, we'll let you know when it's avaialble for your phone" etc

I'm running Oreo v.47.1.A.16.20
Version avaialble according to latest email: v.47.2.A.10.80

Anyone else not getting the update?
I am visiting the UK fairly often (where I KNOW the update is available as a friend has it on their XZP) does anyone know how I can get it pushed through while I'm there?

I bought the phone in June of 2017 and haven't had ANY software updates since August 2018.
I have been on Etisalat's network for the majority of the time but have just switched to Virgin last month.
Etisalat keep saying that it's entirely down to Sony, Sony say that it's network and region dependent. . .

Message 699 of 770
Message 699 of 770

Re: No Android Pie for UAE?

@Iccle 

My XZP was updated to Pie long time ago (I'm also in UAE, on Etisalat). I'd suggest that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Don't forget to backup using Xperia Companion, but preferably without adding apps or settings to the backup.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 700 of 770
Message 700 of 770

Re: No Android Pie for UAE?

I've already done that 3 times - most recent was around 3 weeks ago when I got teh last update notification.

The exact same version of Oreo was put back on the phone. . . .