account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 641 of 784
Message 641 of 784

Android 9.0 pie for xa2 ultra

Android 9.0 pie for xa2 ultra
Can someone tell me when the update of Android 9.0 for the xperia xa2 ultra is finally rolled out in the Netherlands? #update xa2 ultra

Android 9.0 pie voor xa2 ultra

Kan iemand mij vertellen wanneer eindelijk de update van Android 9.0 voor de xperia xa2 ultra in Nederland word uitgerold? #update xa2 ultra 

@Rayjol20 

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

Enthusiast
Message 642 of 784
Message 642 of 784

Have sony stopped the pie update for the xa2

As the title suggests have they stopped it for the xa2(not the ultra or plus) specifically the h3113 as the last update(352) was 2 weeks ago and my customised uk is still on 123 which was updated 2 months ago 

Inhabitant
Message 643 of 784
Message 643 of 784

Re: Have sony stopped the pie update for the xa2

I was wondering the same thing. Don't think we are going to get any answers though.

Enthusiast
Message 644 of 784
Message 644 of 784

no i dont think so looking at xperiacheck.com the updates for any type of sony phone is getting less and less as each week goes bye,i have nearly resigned myself as to thinking the customised uk xa2(H3113) won't be getting the pie update at all and even if they do will it come with the march update as well which in itself will be 2 months behindon security updates

Inhabitant
Message 645 of 784
Message 645 of 784

The phone still reports pie as its next update under software, so maybe a mod could kindly clear this up for us?

Thank you. 

Learner
Message 646 of 784
Message 646 of 784

Androie Pie

Welcome. Me and my friend both have Xa2 Plus with the fact that he has an android pie and I still have oreo. I tried to update the phone but it is written that the phone is up to date. Anybody knows what's going on? Disappointed Face

Inhabitant
Message 647 of 784
Message 647 of 784

Just did a live chat with support, but I think I got through to someone who knows less about Sony products than I do. Didn't have a clue about any impending updates.

Please Mods shed some light on this.. Cheers. 

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 648 of 784
Message 648 of 784

When do we get android 9 pie update for XPERIA XZ if not then where is security update for oreo 8.0?

No security updates since Nov 2018. 

No new software upgrade.

Worst ram management.

...now I am realizing that I have to change smartphone brand from Sony to another company. I am fanboy of Sony technology. But now m having second thoughts. Using sony mobiles since 2008. Never look upto another brand. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 649 of 784
Message 649 of 784

Re: Androie Pie

Hi @Mihau and welcome to our community!

Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, I cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device.

As your friend has received the update, his device most likely has another customization of the software than you have and for his customization, the update is available, but for the customization in your device, it's not yet available.

I can take a closer look at this, but to do that, I would need you to send me a private message with the IMEI numbers from both devices. To find the IMEI number, open up the phone application > type in *#06# and write the number down / take a screenshot.

Open up my profile > tap "Send a message" in the top right corner.

Thank you! Slightly smiling Face 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 650 of 784
Message 650 of 784

Re: Xperia xa2 andoid pie

3 weeks have now passed and still no pie update for the h3113 have sony stopped the pie update for xa2 due to problems would be nice if someone could let us know just to put all of the ppl still waiting for the pie update out of there misery