account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 631 of 801
Message 631 of 801

Why we didn't get potential of pie???

why xa2 doesn't get new 9.0 pie typical user interface with pie update? 

If sony ever claims that its interface is closest to stock so why we didn't get launcher 9 with 9 pie update, which is the key feature of pie update, each and every device of any brand who's running Android 9 verion has launcher 9 interface typical elements, such as pill, bottom search bar, and the useful one the dark mode for whole user interface, so why se doesn't get launcher 9 with pie update???

Learner
Message 632 of 801
Message 632 of 801

Re: Why we didn't get potential of pie???

Someone please tell us

Adviser
Message 633 of 801
Message 633 of 801

-7777 because Sony wants you to buy the newer models with these features included. This is just stupid marketing strategy.

Adviser
Message 634 of 801
Message 634 of 801

@Kockarche wrote:

-7777 because Sony wants you to buy the newer models with these features included. This is just stupid marketing strategy.

Its not just stupid but its really unethical and disgusting step by sony.. in the name of pie update we just got "Lollipop" again 😕 feeling hate with sony now 😬

Samsung at least doesn't do these kind of unethical things with their lovers, even a low end mid ranger have got latest experience home with pie update today..

Visitor
Message 635 of 801
Message 635 of 801

Update

I don't have the updated at this time 

Visitor
Message 636 of 801
Message 636 of 801

When can I update my XZP to Android 9.0

please aend me 9.0 update

http://i.imgur.com/G8sdphv.jpg

One time poster
Message 637 of 801
Message 637 of 801

Android 9.0

Большинство телефонов уже перешли на новую версию Android. Было недавно обновление на моем телефоне, но произошёл откат системы. Когда ждать на sony xa2 Android 9.0?

Most phones have already switched to the new version of Android. There was a recent update on my phone, but the system rolled back. When to wait for sony xa2 Android 9.0? 
-GT

Highlighted
Learner
Message 638 of 801
Message 638 of 801

When is Android 9 arriving on my XA2 plus?

Twice a week I check for the Android 9 update, but still nothing.

My phone's version is 8.0.0 with the last security patch of December 1st, 2018.

Isn't it time? 

Bert.

Adviser
Message 639 of 801
Message 639 of 801

I think the best solution for Sony is to relase Android One phones like many other brands. Or better but more expensive is to get two years support for midrange and high end models like Samsung did. Now all midrange phones like XA, XA1 and XA2 have only one year support from sony. The other brands midrange phones like Xiaomi, Nokia etc with Android One have two years support and they are cheaper than the Sony models. I am Sony die hard fan (i have Sony TV to headphones, and cellphones) but honestly i think Sony needs to hear their customers feedbacks. and improve cellphones support.

Enthusiast
Message 640 of 801
Message 640 of 801

That would make absolutely wonderful sense, IF SONY DID LISTEN TO THEIR CUSTOMERS when it came to these issues! I am 150% in agreement with you and it's quite funny that everybody post comments in regards to issues there having but yet, no one from Sony in terms of any actual support really responds back other than maybe an individual here or there! Still lacks badly and I for one will probably never purchase another Sony phone because this was, at first, a decent decision for what they had to offer but there's no real support. Better off with ASUS!