account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Learner
Message 581 of 824
Message 581 of 824

Re: Android pie for Xperia xa1 plus

I don't think Sony has any plans to release pie for xa1's just xa2's.

Source: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxzs/faq/system-&-performance/8019307401f9a631c0165791...

Learner
Message 582 of 824
Message 582 of 824

Android 9 for XA2 series

So it's been almost 2 weeks since Android 9 was supposed to come out on the xa2. Just wondering if there was any comment from Sony on the update being late 

Talent
Message 583 of 824
Message 583 of 824

Re: Android 9 for XA2 series

I don't think you'll get a response from Sony - yet than telling you to look at the original bulletin telling you when it became available. As an example - I heard last August that the update would be available for my XZ1 Compact 

Talent
Message 584 of 824
Message 584 of 824

Re: Android 9 for XA2 series

Second part of my message..... I was told the Android 9 software would be available in November... I eventually got the notification to download just a few weeks ago. Bare in mind, that you will start to get Android Security Patches once you do get it. 

One time poster
Message 585 of 824
Message 585 of 824

No android pie update

I am from Pakistan. It's March already and I still haven't received pie update. Any ideas? 

Pioneer
Message 586 of 824
Message 586 of 824

Re: No android pie update

@Meraj1 ;

The updates are released gradually according to the costumization version of your software, check yours in the service menu (dial *#*#7378423#*#*) and then see the last update released for it in Xpericheck.com.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 587 of 824
Message 587 of 824

Re: Sony Xperia XA2 Android P?

So far from what I saw there were "bricking" issues with the rollout of Android 9.0 in Russia as users were making claims on this. XDA posted an article about this which I do believe, but there's still no OFFICAL announcement with regards about the release or this bricking problem.  

One time poster
Message 588 of 824
Message 588 of 824

actualizar xa2 ultra

saludos sony publico que el 4 de marzo se actualizaria el sony xa2 ultra con el androide 9.0 pie y es fecha que no llega ustedes tendran alguna referencia

greetings sony I publish that on March 4 would update the sony xa2 ultra with the android 9.0 foot and it is date that does not arrive you will have some reference

gt

Visitor
Message 589 of 824
Message 589 of 824

When are we getting the android p, for sony xperia XZs

Come on!!!

Message 590 of 824
Message 590 of 824

Re: Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

hello, i have xz Premium Dual (G8142), i'm from iran and still no news about android p, i know we can check https://xpericheck.com but STILL no information about Customized MEA. so what is wrong? what is happening?