account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 551 of 787
Message 551 of 787

Re: When is xz1 c getting pie update in the uk!

@Potter1873 wrote:

When is xz1 c getting pie update in the uk!

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxz1compact/faq/system-&-performance/8019307401b594ad0...

Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 552 of 787
Message 552 of 787

Re: Update 9.0 does not arrive

@AlexanderWolf wrote:

Good day! Did not receive update 9.0. What to do?

wait

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

Enthusiast
Message 553 of 787
Message 553 of 787

Re: When is xz1 c getting pie update in the uk!

Sony have not given anything but the standard text. The customers are the ones I thank not Sony. Sony did not explain why we've had delays with software update Android 9. They did not explain why security patches have been missed for months. Not very good for a global company, not communicating with it's LOYAL customers  Some of who on this forum have said they will never buy Sony again. Communication is basic and necessary. Thanks to all customers who have given valuable input to other customers 🍀

One time poster
Message 554 of 787
Message 554 of 787

when the middle east version of xz premium will get the Pie 9 update?

hi everyone

it has been several month since the pie update has been lunched globaly and still the xzp owners with the middle east rom ( Customized mea and Customized maa versions) didn't recive a single update since then , so what is going on ?  why sony doesn't do the OTA for this rom while the Customized AE and  Customized sa versions recived every single update ?

some body should explain this for us if there will be any update or should we change the rom manually to another region and if we should change , which region we should change to?

One time poster
Message 555 of 787
Message 555 of 787

Is there any chance for an update..

.. which gives you the possibility to change the back button with the task manager button? In my opinion it's way better to have your back button on the right side. #XperiaXZ1

One time poster
Message 556 of 787
Message 556 of 787

Android 9 Pie must be on all sony phones

First, I am a user who loves SONY products. But I want to have Android 9 Pie on all phones.

Although the cameras are high megapixel, it is difficult to capture the perfect shots. This problem must be solved with the software. Not to forget that my phone is Xperia Xa1 Plus but it is a SONY product. We expect a high level of software support on every product.

Because SONY is a quality.

Thanks.

(SONY Xperia xa1 Plus)

Emperor
Message 557 of 787
Message 557 of 787

Re: Android 9 Pie must be on all sony phones

@Morukolog 

I know that you like any other user, including me, would want the latest Android flavor on our Xperias, all of them, but it's not practical, for one, you have to check the device life cycle; also, not all Xperias will be able to take advantage of the latest Android, due to hardware limitations.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 558 of 787
Message 558 of 787

What is happening with the Xperia XZ1 and Android 9?

Hello all,

What's happen Sony? After last Android 9 update, the XZ1 is having a lot of different problems. On Android 8, the XZ1 was a very good device, but now, is rubbish.

Wifi, NFC, visual design, sound, sensors, battery, screen... and more and more problems that make the XZ1 practically useless.

Please, work on it and give us a solution.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Adviser
Message 559 of 787
Message 559 of 787

Re: What is happening with the Xperia XZ1 and Android 9?

I did the move to Android 9 and experienced every single problems we're seeing on differents boards.

After trying to bug fix, I downgraded using flashtool to have my XZ1s usables again (fortunately I archived Android 8).

This led me to the conclusion this release of Android towards only to XZ(2|3) unfortunately Pensive Face

--
Xperia XZ1 Dual (G8342) on Android O
One time poster
Message 560 of 787
Message 560 of 787

Pie update

When it is come... For sony Xperia x dual f5122