account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 521 of 695
Message 521 of 695

Re: Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Ignore the response you may get, from Sony, telling you to click a link to the official link to the press release. It does NOT tell you that you won't REALLY get it... OR ANY SECURITY UPDATES. They have your money. That's it. 

Apprentice
Message 522 of 695
Message 522 of 695

Do they have the legal right to not respect their commitments regarding the 18 months of follow-up? I do not even talk about Android P but security updates !! My new bought smarphone is not protected, the google protect function is not active because of the age of the security patch.

If I get hacked, or steal my data can they be sued?

Message 523 of 695
Message 523 of 695

@Komate23 wrote:

Do they have the legal right to not respect their commitments regarding the 18 months of follow-up? I do not even talk about Android P but security updates !! My new bought smarphone is not protected, the google protect function is not active because of the age of the security patch.

If I get hacked, or steal my data can they be sued?

I believe it was worded...

"We AIM to provide updates........"

This would indicate that the 18 month update policy was an aim, not a promise

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 524 of 695
Message 524 of 695

Atualização Android 9

Quando o Xperia xa1 plus receberá android 9?

When the Xperia xa1 plus will receive android 9?

gt

Apprentice
Message 525 of 695
Message 525 of 695

Purpose or promise, from the moment it is written, it is a selling point, and the selling point aims to stimulate purchase with confidence. As a result, this goal is not achieved in my opinion created a commercial vice with the consumer.

Rookie
Message 526 of 695
Message 526 of 695

Android Pie update XZ1 UK

Where is the android Pie update for XZ1 in the UK? All networks have released it and most of them received it in November last year.

Now its February and still no update for the Unlocked (UK customised) version which was available direct from Sony.

Why! 

One time poster
Message 527 of 695
Message 527 of 695

Re: Android Pie update XZ1 UK

Same here! Bought the XZ1 Compact on release - the sim free unlocked version, have been checking most days since the Pie updates started rolling out across the world but we in the UK havent even had a security update since September!! It was the same when I had the Z5 Compact and Xperia SP previously - for some reason UK unlocked are usually last for major updates from Sony many months after the rest of the world.

Enthusiast
Message 528 of 695
Message 528 of 695

Not good enough from Sony. 9 months updates all I got. Those of us who weren't given Pie for our new models - didn't get security patches since September 2018. SHAMEFUL BEHAVIOUR FROM SONY. 💥 THEY DON'T EVEN TALK TO US. 💥 

Apprentice
Message 529 of 695
Message 529 of 695

Happy not to be alone. I am in France, smartphones bought like you, version without operator. What is strange is that the version Dual Sim has received update in France ...

Since I insisted on the problem sony no longer responds to my emails

It's really shameful!

I have version 1 sim, and still nothing on xperiacheck.

It is serious to have such an old version of security update on a high-end smarphone end of 2017.

I'm fed up !

Highlighted
Learner
Message 530 of 695
Message 530 of 695

XZ2 Premium Pie Availability in Russia & Taiwan

Dear Sony Team,

Pie roll-out for H8116 & H8166 started in November.

It is February now, but Russian and Taiwanese models are still on 8.0 Oreo, security patches are more than 5 months old, and are dated September 1, 2018.

xz2p_pie.jpg

This level of attention (especially to security) is truly unacceptable for a unique flagship device like XZ2 Premium was positioned initially.

Could you please push this request to somebody responsible, as apparently Sony has just forgotten to issue new firwmares in these two regions Slightly smiling Face