account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 481 of 787
Message 481 of 787

Re: Why my phone can not update to Android 9

Day 1 release (pre-order)

UK sim free.

Still no XZ1 pie...   the imei check reports "8" is the latestest o/s for that handset

Pathetic Sony, pathetic.

One time poster
Message 482 of 787
Message 482 of 787

Sony's failure on Software Support

I preferred XZ device instead of galaxy S7 because of the Sonys good software support and nice camera features. I supported sony in any conversation.
But now i realized that was a big mistake. A lot of XZ user requested Camera 2API and RAW support. But Sony didn't even attempt to answer in a 123 pages of forum subject.
When i saw that android 9.0 won't release for XZ, my frustration doubled.
I won't recommend sony mobile devices anyone anymore.
So probably I am not gonna use a sony phone anymore

One time poster
Message 483 of 787
Message 483 of 787

Re: Android 9 Pie Sound Issue

До сих пор нету обновления до 9.0 pie.. Хотя пишут что уже обновили устройство!!! Смартфон сертифицирован для Гангонга.

Сколько лет ещё ждать??)) 

Until now, there is no upgrade to 9.0 pie .. Although they write that they have already updated the device !!! The smartphone is certified for gangong.

How many years to wait ??))

-GT

Adviser
Message 484 of 787
Message 484 of 787

47.2.A.6.30 (January 2019) is available...

Regular
Message 485 of 787
Message 485 of 787

Il faut le faire via le pc ? 

En tout cas merci pour l'information ! 

It must be done via the pc?

In any case thank you for the information!

gt

One time poster
Message 486 of 787
Message 486 of 787

when will the android 9 for XZ1 in Russia

when will the android 9 for XZ1 in Russia

Regular
Message 487 of 787
Message 487 of 787

Bonjour 👋

J'ai un problème avec l'audio son effroyable  et je découvre que je peux pas faire de capture d'écran pour diverses raisons, logiciel ne prend pas en charge ou votre organisation... Je comprends rien et je extrêmement déçu du nouveau Android 9 

Aurais tu une expérience ou une solution à partager ? 

Merci 

Hello 👋

I have a problem with the sound dreadful sound and I discover that I can not do screenshot for various reasons, software does not support or your organization ... I understand nothing and I extremely disappointed the new Android 9

Would you have an experience or solution to share?

Thank you

gt

Talent
Message 488 of 787
Message 488 of 787

Android Pie wait

Still waiting for Android Pie to come to XZ1 Dual in SG

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 489 of 787
Message 489 of 787

Even with 47.2.A.6.30 (Jan. 2019) the homescreen of my XZ1 keeps freezing, not even the clock widget is working correctly, push messages are delivered with hours of delay or not at all. It's a shame.

Those of you wating for Android 9 Pie: You will most likely be able to download with Xperia Companion with a complete software repair. Since Android 9, I did not get any updates via ota or via Companion, only with complete software repair. But my advice is: Keep Oreo. The phone was great with it. Now with Pie, it is completely unreliable in my case, even after nomerous resets/complete new installations...

One time poster
Message 490 of 787
Message 490 of 787

XZ Pie Update

will there be a pie update for xz devices? i hope there is Disappointed Face