account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Learner
Message 471 of 633
Message 471 of 633

No Android Pie Update on XZ Premium / Middle East

I have a Sony XZ Premium I bought from Dubai.

I still haven't received the Android 9.0 Pie update. Can you please tell me when it will be available for MEA users?

Thank you

One time poster
Message 472 of 633
Message 472 of 633

When will xperia xz1 compact will get pie in the us.

When will xperia xz1 compact will get pie in the us.

One time poster
Message 473 of 633
Message 473 of 633

Re: No Android Pie Update on XZ Premium / Middle East

No matter where have you buy it, it depends on your customization of phone.

Learner
Message 474 of 633
Message 474 of 633

no any android pie? tw

I asked the local customer service about Android Pie for XZ2 XZ2P XZ1 XZP.

They always say that the update service is not regular.

I feel that they have not seriously faced this problem.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? 

Thank you 

Message 475 of 633
Message 475 of 633

Re: no any android pie? tw

Hi @Jeff87

Since the update is always a phased process, especially when operators are involved, it could lead to delays in the distribution. 

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
One time poster
Message 476 of 633
Message 476 of 633

No updates for Customized BLX since 52.0.A.3.27

My Xperia XZ2 Compact hasn't received any updates since 52.0.A.3.27. I'm in The Netherlands and have KPN as telco. Is there any reason why Customized BLX didn't receive any of the last 3(!) updates? When can I expect to see any updates?

Edit: for some reason my topic was moved to this post about Android 9, which has nothing to do with my question. Sony, please move my question back to its own topic...

Message 477 of 633
Message 477 of 633

Re: No updates for Customized BLX since 52.0.A.3.27

Unfortunately I have no idea why some regions are still on an older firmware. My wife has the Central Europe (CE1) version and is still on 51.1.A.11.51 (Android 8).

According to XperiFirm there is no new version for you.

You could contact your local Sony support to see if they have an explanation.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 478 of 633
Message 478 of 633

Why I haven't get the pie upgrade

Why I haven't get the pie upgrade

One time poster
Message 479 of 633
Message 479 of 633

Xperia xz1 android 9 update

Hi! Do we know when is going xz1 be updated in Greece? (android 9). I keep checking everyday but nothing yet. Thanks 

Message 480 of 633
Message 480 of 633

Re: Xperia xz1 android 9 update

@athleon76

Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically by Xperia Companion software.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.