account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 461 of 768
Message 461 of 768

l hasn't gotten Android9

I live in Taiwan.

My smartphone xz2 hasn't gotten system upgrade since September 1st.

Does any one know why or meet same problem?

Thank you

Message 462 of 768
Message 462 of 768

Re: l hasn't gotten Android9

@AndrewLu

Updates availability depends on a specific characteristic of your device called "customization version". You can check this version by dialling the code *#*#7378423#*#* the tap on "Software info", then check what's the latest update released for your customization version on Xpericheck.com

Also, try to check for updates via Xperia Companion.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 463 of 768
Message 463 of 768

Re: Will Xperia XZs get android pie 9?

Screenshot_20190117-144445.png

Just updated my girlfriends xperia xz1 premium. Apart from back-light lssue which was fixed by cache reset on app, data reset not needed , no issues and looking smooth. Weather app is fine. Will report back later any issues  

Highlighted
Learner
Message 464 of 768
Message 464 of 768

Re: Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

When can i get andriod pie?(XZ Premiun HK)

Regular
Message 465 of 768
Message 465 of 768

Re: Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

@荧惑 wrote:

When can i get andriod pie?(XZ Premiun HK)

Hello 🤝 We should receive Android 9 to Mars it's long.! You love your Xperia me i love 

One time poster
Message 466 of 768
Message 466 of 768

Not Getting Pie update on Xperia xz1

Not Getting Pie update on Xperia xz1

One time poster
Message 467 of 768
Message 467 of 768

Will Xperia xz Android 9?

Will Xperia xz Android 9? 

gt

One time poster
Message 468 of 768
Message 468 of 768

R1 PLUS users need android pie

the R1 plus was launched by the end of 2017.this is one of a very new and famous version of xperia.so a pie update would be great for us users and also the sales will boost up if it is upgradable to pie.so please make a pie update for us.PLEASE

One time poster
Message 469 of 768
Message 469 of 768

Has Sony abandoned Pie updates for some XZ1 Compact versions?

It's mid-January 2019, my customized UK version of XZ1 Compact is still on Oreo with Sept 2018 security patches and there's been no word from Sony (or anyone else for that matter) about what's going on.  Have support and updates been abandoned for certain regions of this phone?   I never thought I'd think about buying another brand but dropping support for certain unlocked versions of the XZ1 Compact and leaving customers completely in the dark is a giant middle finger to loyal fans and customers.

What's the deal?  Anyone know what's happening?

Learner
Message 470 of 768
Message 470 of 768

Re: Has Sony abandoned Pie updates for some XZ1 Compact versions?

I've also got an unlocked UK model and have been having the same thoughts  so emailed Sony support. Below is their (non) reply.

Thank you for contacting the Xperia support by Sony contact centre.

In regards to your query about when you will receive the updates for android 9.0, please note that software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to avail of the updates for specific models.

We hope this information helps.