account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Message 441 of 784
Message 441 of 784

Re: no system update to 47.2.A.4.45 possible

@dietrich2

Can you tell us your customization version? You can check this version by dialing the code *#*#7378423#*#* the tap on "Software info".

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 442 of 784
Message 442 of 784

Hello and thanks for your quick response: Customized Version: 1310-4290_R6C

Message 443 of 784
Message 443 of 784

@dietrich2

I can see that version 47.2.A.4.45 was released for your customization version 4 days ago. Try to check again for updates via OTA and/or Xperia Companion, and if this doesn't work then back up your data and perform a software repair. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 444 of 784
Message 444 of 784

how long do you think i should wait until i do the software repair? Did I check OTA and companion several times today? thank you for your help
Learner
Message 445 of 784
Message 445 of 784

sorry, I have forgotten an information: according to IMEI-No and the check at Sony reports that the installed version is up to date. With the software repair is then actually installed the version?
Enthusiast
Message 446 of 784
Message 446 of 784

Security Updates

Seeing as Sony appears to have abandoned Android 9 for loyal customers AND as they appear to have abandoned communicating responses to said loyal customers... Does anyone out there know if there will be anymore security updates to the XZ1 Compact. MINE HAS HAD NONE SINCE SEPTEMBER 2018!!💥 Not very good is it? 

Message 447 of 784
Message 447 of 784

Software repair will use the latest software available on the servers for your phone customisation.

Meaning, it's the same software version that you get when you use the "software update" option in Xperia PC Companion.

I understand that your phone customisation number means "German unbranded" and that firmware 47.2.A.4.45 R6C should already be available according to Xperifirm. I don't know why the software update option doesn't show this version yet but I'm pretty sure you won't get the new version by doing a software repair either. You would have the trouble of setting up your phone anew because everything gets wiped during the software repair.

I would wait for a few more days.

Where did you buy your Xperia from? Could it be that someone tempered with the ROM before?

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 448 of 784
Message 448 of 784

Had the same problem. Also had 47.2.A.0.306 installed since October (first edition of Pie for the XZ1, customized DE version). Although 47.2.A.4.45 was available many days, I couldn't install it, neither OTA nor via Xperia Companion, no update was found. Support was not helpful, of course, just said "you have to wait".

I then tried a Software Repair withe Xperia Companion. Then, 47.2.A.4.45 (December 2018) was available and was installed. You can see, what version will be installed before the final click to completety erase your device!

Buit it still has a very annoying bug, the weather/clock widget still freezes every couple of hours and then no home screen wiping left/right is possible. So far, Pie is rubbish on my XZ1.

Learner
Message 449 of 784
Message 449 of 784

Android Pie not released

Hello, my XZ1 hasn't received update to Android 9.  How much should i wait for it? Even december patches hasn't arrived. Using https://xpericheck.com/device/G8341 with 1310-4294 as Customization Version, last update version was 47.1.A.16.20. @uliwooly can you help me, please?

Message 450 of 784
Message 450 of 784

Android 9 volume

I bought Sony XA1 Plus last year itself and now is it not going to get Android 9 - Pie. Was it only meant to get one android update. Spending 28k is not only a question for one year i hope.