account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Pioneer
Message 381 of 786
Message 381 of 786

Re: Xperia XZ1 and Android Pie

Unfortunately it is not said why some costumization versions are released faster than others, for what I could saw there are a lot other versions that still are on October version. I am afraid that all you can do is wait for your version to be updated or flash a firmware version that is released sooner (that I don't advise). 

Enthusiast
Message 382 of 786
Message 382 of 786

Re: Xz1 compact update to android 9

Stay on Oreo. Pie has too many problems. I've had my XZ1 Compact for a year on Android 8.0.0. I'm in England with a version not locked to a particular network. 

Learner
Message 383 of 786
Message 383 of 786

Also  for Customized CE1 no Pie update?!

Inhabitant
Message 384 of 786
Message 384 of 786

Re: Xz1 compact update to android 9

Do your research on Android Pie, it's even playing havoc with Google's own Pixel devices.

I'm not updating when it reaches my device, I want to read some positive reviews on it first.

Pioneer
Message 385 of 786
Message 385 of 786

Re: questions

You can find the answer here.

Google can give these answers too.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Rookie
Message 386 of 786
Message 386 of 786

XZ2 H8266 still in Oreo

Hi, my xz2 still in Oreo. I'm living in Malaysia. Just wondering is it that long to sony to update the specific model globally. I believe the pie update for xz2 is officially live on early Nov and and approaching end of Dec 2018, my phone still stuck at oreo. At my box, it is stated "demo only, not for sale". Is the reason why my phone still not updated to pie? Please help me 😭

Visitor
Message 387 of 786
Message 387 of 786

I cannot update system

لا استطع تحديث نظام 

I cannot update system

gt

Highlighted
Jr8
Enthusiast
Message 388 of 786
Message 388 of 786

XZ1 UK Unlocked ( UK Customized)

No Android Pie yet

Still on September Security patch

Adviser
Message 389 of 786
Message 389 of 786

Jumping in the "me 2 boat".

Still on September Security update on 2 XZ1 French G8342 (47.1.A.16.20 which is the latest release according to xperiacheck.com

--
Xperia XZ1 Dual (G8342) on Android O
Message 390 of 786
Message 390 of 786

Re: XZ2 H8266 still in Oreo

Of course the "Demo unit" is the reason why you didn't get the update.

It's not for sale and not for the end user, only for internal use and won't receive updates. 

How did you even get the phone?

You could try to flash another region's firmware with Flashtool but there's a risk for bricking the device involved.