account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 371 of 793
Message 371 of 793

Xz1 compact update to android 9

Hi everybody, I just bought an xz1 compact from a website, clicksmart.it.

The phone arrived this morning, all Perfect, exept the absence of the headphones. Bug the real problem is that the software is still Android 8.0! I checked everywere, even with the imei, but i can't receive the update. Anyone else in my situation?

PS: sorry for my English! 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 372 of 793
Message 372 of 793

Re: Xz1 compact update to android 9

Hey! Many others experience this problem. It seems to be because of regional or vendor software locks. I have the "global firmware" and receive updates super quickly after roll out, but people with a German or Vodafone software seem to be stuck on Android 8.0 or 8.1. However Oreo (especially the final version of 8.1) is pretty good and guarantees an exceptional battery life (especially with max Stamina mode) in contrast to Pie (9). 

Visitor
Message 373 of 793
Message 373 of 793

Re: Xz1 compact update to android 9

Thank you! But, this kind of devides with regional block have any hope to receive the upgrade in future? 

Rookie
Message 374 of 793
Message 374 of 793

Xperia XZ1 and Android Pie

My Xperia didn't receive update from Octomber. I did not get Android Pie, no Security Update for November, no Security Update for December.

Practically I don't have Support on a device that has 1 year on market.

Learner
Message 375 of 793
Message 375 of 793

Re: Xperia XZ1 and Android Pie

same for me!

One time poster
Message 376 of 793
Message 376 of 793

Same

Rookie
Message 377 of 793
Message 377 of 793

Do you know some kind of Customer Protection policy?

Rookie
Message 378 of 793
Message 378 of 793

questions

Will Xperia X F5122 get a OS Android Pie upgrade?

Pioneer
Message 379 of 793
Message 379 of 793

@jajaha, @Gogol, @Underboiler;

The updates are released gradually according to the costumization version of your device firmware, check yours in the service menu and the released updates in Xpericheck.com. 

As a matter of fact Sony is one of the first brands in releasing updates. 

Rookie
Message 380 of 793
Message 380 of 793

@NunoSEN2 wrote:

@jajaha, @Gogol, @Underboiler;

The updates are released gradually according to the costumization version of your device firmware, check yours in the service menu and the released updates in Xpericheck.com. 

As a matter of fact Sony is one of the first brands in releasing updates.

I have Customized DE and until Octomber I received updates every month. Something happened in Octomber because my device stopped receiving updates and I want to know what happened.