account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 311 of 793
Message 311 of 793

I'm in the UK and the last security uodate i had was September 2018. Have sony stopped issuing them?

I'm in the UK and the last security uodate i had was September 2018. Have sony stopped issuing them?

Adept
Message 312 of 793
Message 312 of 793

Re: I'm in the UK and the last security uodate i had was September 2018. Have sony stopped issuing t

Hey man, it depends on your country or region and carrier.

I'm in South Africa, I recently flashed my firmware using xperifirm and newflasher to the latest firmware and Android version which is pie. Security patch is November. By doing this I will get all my updates quicker as it is now not specific to my region.

If you want check out XDA developers for how to flash your firmware. It's farelly easy bud.

Visitor
Message 313 of 793
Message 313 of 793

Re: I'm in the UK and the last security uodate i had was September 2018. Have sony stopped issuing t

Thank you.  I will try that. 

Adept
Message 314 of 793
Message 314 of 793

Re: No update for customized de?

@Quester wrote:

@Pheliac92

Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

Scorn and ridicule this statement.

Why?

Just look at it yourself: All regions have received the update, whereas others like Customized DE just do not, although this version was always one of the first in the rollout.

So please say something more accurate than just this short default statement (or: customer shut up, buy our products and be happy if it will power on, but give us your money)

Learner
Message 315 of 793
Message 315 of 793

Re: No update for customized de?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 316 of 793
Message 316 of 793

still no Pie??

got a H8166 - HK model. No Pie in sight - what is going on - should have been available a month ago??

thnx

One time poster
Message 317 of 793
Message 317 of 793

Xperia XZ Premium did not get android 9 yet

It's December 11th and still no android Pie update for my XZP, Is this normal?

Is there a regional priority for firmware update, softwareupdate & sony companion keep saying software upto date! hould i reset the phone to factory default or just wait?! Running firmware 47.1. A.16.20

Message 318 of 793
Message 318 of 793

Re: Xperia XZ Premium did not get android 9 yet

@PC-MASTER

No, you don't need to reset your phone just to receive the update. Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets, so keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adept
Message 319 of 793
Message 319 of 793

@Quester wrote:

@PC-MASTER

No, you don't need to reset your phone just to receive the update. Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets, so keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

Again the same! 

Your link is not accessible - it's like giving a kid an ice and before the kid is getting it you take the ice away and laugh.

Wait for your explanation why the link is unavailable. Let me answer for you:

"Xperia Companion is available gradually and timing will differ between markets, so keep checking periodically by klicking on the dead link"

=> Right?

https://prnt.sc/ltfemn

Message 320 of 793
Message 320 of 793

@schickel

Sorry if the link was not working, it should be fixed now.

However, no need to use curse words or be abusive towards others while posting your thoughts on the forum. We are here to help each other, and if there were a better answer than what I posted I'd gladly use it.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.