account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 291 of 735
Message 291 of 735

Updating to Android Pie (9)

Ok, I'm back with Sony with a new XZ1 compact being felideliv tomorrow.  I have read the issues some people are having after updating to Android Pie.

I'm assuming when I switch the phone on for the first time, it will try to get me to update to Pie....should I decline or update ?

Thanks....Bobby

Enthusiast
Message 292 of 735
Message 292 of 735

Re: Aggiornamento Android pie9

XZP o XZ2P? Questo è il forum del xz2p. Ad ogni modo...gli aggiornamenti vengono rilasciati nel corso di settimane/mesi a seconda delle regioni (paesi). Io, proprio ieri, avendo un xz2p di hk...che sembra essere una delle ultime regionia ricevere gli aggiornamenti, in 20 minuti ho flashato lo stesso fw UK e poi aggiornato via ota a Pie. Ti consiglio di fare lo stesso se non vuoi attendere oltre.

XZP or XZ2P? This is the xz2p forum. However ... updates are released over weeks / months depending on the regions (countries). I, just yesterday, having an xz2p of hk ... that seems to be one of the last region to receive updates, in 20 minutes I flashato the same fw UK and then updated via ota to Pie. I suggest you do the same if you do not want to wait any longer.

gt

One time poster
Message 293 of 735
Message 293 of 735

I'm interested in novi android p. Thank you nicely.

I'm interested in novi android p. Thank you nicely.

gt

Apprentice
Message 294 of 735
Message 294 of 735

pie update in Germany

Still no pie update in Germany? Third month? Some markets are updated twice untill now, what's wrong with us?

Apprentice
Message 295 of 735
Message 295 of 735

Re: Android 9 not coming yet for my device

I read in an other forum ( Vodafone ) that Sony stopped the rollout because to many problems.

Visitor
Message 296 of 735
Message 296 of 735

HI there,

You guys are probably better at not upgrading on Pie yet as we have WiFi, Backups & many issues since this update.

So just wait until it's fix or if you can, roll back to Oreo who has no probs.

Hope it helps.

Regular
Message 297 of 735
Message 297 of 735

Yes I think this is a good solution! 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 298 of 735
Message 298 of 735

I am still on 1st Sept 2018 security patch

Hi, am on Oreo still and the above security patch. Any idea when will we be getting Pie? Was supposed to be in Nov but it's already mid December soon.

Am on the 6GB ram, tw model fyi. Thanks

Message 299 of 735
Message 299 of 735

Re: I am still on 1st Sept 2018 security patch

H8296:

TW and Hongkong are on Firmware 51.1.A.11.51

India and China are on 52.0.A.3.84

Almost each region for H8266 and H8216 models is on Pie already, so the rollout is on its way.

So at least it's not a problem with your phone, seems you'll just have to wait a while longer.

Apprentice
Message 300 of 735
Message 300 of 735

They should not release unfinished software at all.