account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 261 of 801
Message 261 of 801

Re: How do i get android P of xz premium ??

Translation via Google Translate:

Yesterday I received an update to version 9 pie and at first I was delighted and then I noticed that the battery began to discharge 2-3 times faster and when I put the smartphone on charge, I wrote that until the end of charging it was 8 hours.

Вчера получил обновление до версии 9 pie и это сначала меня обрадовало  а потом я заметил  что батарея стала в 2-3 раза быстрее разряжаться   а когда поставил смартфон на зарядку  то пишет  что до конца зарядки 8 часов. 

One time poster
Message 262 of 801
Message 262 of 801

Android Pie XZ2 ccompact

Why haven't I received the android pie update yet? Is there something wrong with my phone?

Message 263 of 801
Message 263 of 801

Re: Android Pie XZ2 ccompact

@Ageeent47

Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 264 of 801
Message 264 of 801

XZ Premium Pie-Romania

Has anyone in East Europe or more specifically, in Romania received andoid Pie on the XZ premium? I keep reading all these articles about how 85% of XZ premiums have receives it and I feel cheated by my carrier. 

Pioneer
Message 265 of 801
Message 265 of 801

Re: How do i get android P of xz premium ??

Hi @Анд

This is normal behaviour

The AI is learning from your behaviour.

When you charge, how long you charge, which apps you use.

Let it settle down a few days and it will behave like before.

On the other hand you can help your device.

• restart your device every 2 weeks
  • delete unused or seldom used apps
  • goto settings -> tap magnifying glass and search for inactive-> tap inactive apps
    • it shows you what is going on in the background
  • goto settings -> tap magnifying glass and search for consuming
    • it shows you which apps are consuming in the background
  • goto settings -> battery-> tap on advanced
    • it shows you use since last full charge
  • go to phone/dialling and dial *#*#INFO#*#* (or *#*#4636#*#*, which is the same) and tap Usage statistics
    • it shows either Usage time or Last time used
    • it helps you decide which apps you might choose to uninstall

Remember: Keep your machine lean and clean.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Visitor
Message 266 of 801
Message 266 of 801

Re: Android Pie XZ2 ccompact

Same here. Haven't received for xz2 dual hk version. Pls inform when it will be updated 

One time poster
Message 267 of 801
Message 267 of 801

XZ1 Android pie Uk

Hi guys, 

XZ1 UK owner here. Has anyone updated to Android 9 yet? 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 268 of 801
Message 268 of 801

When can I get android 9

So far I don't get the android 9 in my xz premium and i don't know why 

Apprentice
Message 269 of 801
Message 269 of 801

My Xperia XZ premium no update Android 9

I have to mobile of Xperia XZ premium one of these the Android 9 is updated or ready but the other one is the update not coming now I'm waiting over 12 weeks but the update not coming why I don't know 

One time poster
Message 270 of 801
Message 270 of 801

Android pie

Why I still have not received the updated to android pie on xc1? I can fix with a data cancel?